strict warning: Non-static method view::load() should not be called statically in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/views/views.module on line 906.
strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_validate() should be compatible with views_handler::options_validate($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
strict warning: Declaration of views_handler_filter::options_submit() should be compatible with views_handler::options_submit($form, &$form_state) in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/views/handlers/views_handler_filter.inc on line 607.
strict warning: Declaration of views_rotator_style_plugin::options() should be compatible with views_object::options() in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/views_rotator/views_rotator_style_plugin.inc on line 56.
strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_validate() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_validate(&$form, &$form_state) in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 134.
strict warning: Declaration of views_plugin_row::options_submit() should be compatible with views_plugin::options_submit(&$form, &$form_state) in /var/www/html/sites/all/modules/views/plugins/views_plugin_row.inc on line 134.
Principal Scientist (Agricultural Extension)
Division of Social Sciences and Training
Experience (No. of Years):
1. Gender mainstreaming
Participation and decision making of women enumerated
Drudgery reducing implements/tools introduced in farming operations
Trainings for technical empowerment/entrepreneuship developmen/nutritional security organized
2. Innovative multipronged extension methodologies used for dessimination (Principal Investigator)
Interest group with market integration (Mushroom production, use of dried flower technology, drudgery reduction, nutrional security)
Farmer’s field school (Development of kitchen garden)
Development of technoagent (Mushroom production, use of dried flower technology, drudgery reduction)
Mobile messaging (IIHR technologies through Nokia and IFFCO)
3. Impact analysis of technologies (Principal Investigator)
Commercial and backyard poultry farming
Foliar Nutrition in Banana
IPM in Vegetables
Production technology of Mushroom
Fruit Fly in Mango
Tuberose varities of IIHR vii. Onion Variety Arka Kalayan
4. Dissemination of information through Mass media(Principal Investigator)
Print media Coverage: One hundred fifty four articles (National, regional dailies)
AIR Programme: One hundred and twenty nine radio programmes (All India Radio Bangalore, Coorg, Rampur, Bareilly).
Doordarshan Programme: One hundred and eighty three (Doordarshan Kendra Bangalore, Samaya T.V, (Regional 24/7 News Channel, Annadata)
Campaigns: Two campaigns (AIR, Bangalore)
Video films: Eight (Hindi/English/Kannada)
Audio capsules: Fifteen (Hindi/English/Kannada)
Showcasing of Technologies: Twenty one (IIHR, Bangalore, UAS Bangalore, CHES Bhubneshwar, Chittali, CARI, Izatnagar etc)
Jingle /Spot: One Jingle and one spot (Kannada/ Hindi)
Radio/Video Script writing: Nine (English/Hindi)
5. Psychometric scales/indices and models developed (Principal Investigator)
Model for Gender mainstreaming (2012)
Innovative extension methodology (2009)
A Framework for Assessing Impact of Horticulture Based Farming System with Specific Reference to Sustainability at Micro level (2009)
Prioritization of Horticultural Technologies through Rank based Quotient (2006)
Model for sustainable rural poultry farming (2003)
Construction of a scale to Measure Attitude towards Commercial Poultry (Egg) Production (2003)
An index to measure sustainability of Rural Poultry Farming (2003)
A Test for Assessing Knowledge of Commercial Poultry Farmers about Scientific Poultry Farming (2003)
Scale to measure the attitude of farmers towards backyard poultry farming (2003)
An index to Measure the Empowerment of Woman (1998)
A scale to measure the attitude toward scientific poultry farming (1996)
1. Khandekar, N and O. N. Kunzru 1996. Income Generation from Animal Husbandry among Tribal women. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences 66(6): 641-646 NAAS rating 6.6
2. Khandekar, N and P. Khandekar 1995. Communication Patterns among farm Women in livestock enterprise. Indian Journal of Animal sciences 29(5):133-135 NAAS rating 6.6
3. Dana, S.S , N. Khandekar and S.P. Sinha 1998 Factors affectiong adoption of commercial poultry production. Indian Journal of Animal Research 32 (1):1-4 NAAS rating 6.4
4. D ana, S.S , N. Khandekar and S.P. Sinha 1995. Factors associated with trainees’ knowledge about poultry health Control measures.Indian Journal of Poultry Science 30(1): 92-93. NAAS rating 4.2
5. Senthilkumar R and N. Khandekar 2009. Constraints perceived by the commercial poultry farmers of Namakkal District in Tamil Nadu. Indian Journal of Poultry Science 44(1):109-111 NAAS rating 4.2
6. Khandekar, N and R. P Sharma 2000. Investigations on Technological gaps in small scale rural poultry farming. Indian Journal of Poultry Science 35(3): 262-265 NAAS rating 4.2
7. Khandekar, N, R. P Sharma and S.S Dana 1998.A scale to measure the attitude toward scientific poultry farming. Indian Journal of Poultry Science 33(3): 322-325. NAAS rating 4.2
8. Debasish Saha, N. Khandekar, B. Tudu and A. Goswami 2005 Studies on work distribution pattern in Poultry Farming. Indian Research J. of Extension Education 5(1):53-55 NAAS rating 3.5
9. Mandal, M.K. and N. Khandekar 2002. Backyard poultry farming in tribal areas: Present Status and Future Strategies. Indian Research J. of Extension Education 2(2):68-69 NAAS rating 3.5
10. Senthilkumar R, N. Khandekar and N.Namrata 2009 Knowledge level amoung poultry Entrepreneurs on scietific layer farming. Tamil Nadu Journal of Veterinary and Animal Sciences 5(3):94-98 NAAS rating 3.4