Sampath Kumar Pamu
Developed an inter specific F1 hybrid in Annona viz., Arka Sahan which has high yielding ability. Fruits weigh about 500-600g on average, have fewer small seeds, higher shelf life of more than a week and high TSS (>30OB) with sweet sour blend. Evolved a multiple hybrid in pomegranate “Ruby” with deep red arils, soft seeds. Fruits are medium sized weighing about 300g with high yielding potential. Introduced and acclimatized three exotic cultivars of Fig viz., Deann, Conadria and Excel and standardized use of Brown Turkey as a rootstock in those varieties in addition to Poona fig. Found the crossability among different species of Annona among themselves. Standardized hormonal treatment and time and concentration and combination of GA and cytokinins in new world grape varieties like Flame Seedless, Sharad Seedless, Red Globe and Crimson Seedless. Standardized sub cane development and levels of pinching for optimum fruit bud differentiation in coloured seedless varieties under mild tropics. Studies were conducted on genetics of pomegranate.
Research papers :
- Pal . D. K. and P. Sampath Kumar (1995). Changes in the physic-chemical and biochemical compositions of custard apple (Annona squamosa L) fruits during growth, development and ripening. J.of Hort. Sci 70 (4) 569-572.
- Jalikop, S.H. and P. Sampath Kumar (1990). Use of a gene marker to study the mode of pollination in pomegranate (Punica granatum L.). Journal of Hort. Sci., 65(2): 221-223.
- Jalikop, S.H. and P. Sampath Kumar (1998). Use of soft, semi-soft and hard-seeded types of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) for improvement of fruit attributes. Indian J. of Agri. Sciences, 68(2) : 87-91.
- Sampath Kumar, P. and Jalikop, S.H. 2000. Cross–compatibility among Annona species. Indian Journal of Horticulture 57 (4) 309 – 313.
- S.H. Jalikop, P. Sampath Kumar, R. D. Rawal and Ravindra Kumar (2006). Breeding pomegranate for fruit attribute and resistance to bacterial blight. Indian J. of Hortic. 63: (4) 352-358.
- Satisha J., Prakash, G.S., Bhatt, R.M and Sampath Kumar, P. (2006) Effect of soil moisture stress on physiological response of grape varieties. Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 1(2): 99-103.
- Satisha J., G. S. Prakash, R. M. Bhatt and P. Sampath Kumar (2007) Physiological mechanism of water use efficiency in Grape Rootstocks under Drought Conditions. Intl J. of Agri Res. 2 (2): 159 -164.
- Soudamani Mahapatra, A.K. Ahuja, Debi Sharma, M. Deepa, G. K Jagadish, G. S. Prakash. and P. Sampath Kumar (2010). Behavior of trifloxystrobin and tebuconazole on grapes under semi arid tropical climatic conditions. Pest Management Science 66(8):910-915.
- Soudamani Mahapatra, M. Deepa, G. K Jagadish, N. Rashmi, P.Sampath Kumar and G.S. Prakash (2010). Fate of Fipronil and its Metabolites in /on leaves , Berries and Soil Under Semi Arid Tropical Climatic Conditions. Bull. Environ Contam Toxicol (2010) 84:587-591.
- Soudamani Mahapatra, A.K. Ahuja, Debi Sharma, M. Deepa, G. S. Prakash and P. Sampath Kumar (2011) Residual study of imidicloprid in grapes( Vitis vinifera L) and soil. Quality Assurance and Safety of Crops & Foods, 11, 1-4.
- Soudamani Mahapatra, A.K. Ahuja, Debi Sharma, M. Deepa, G. K Jagadish, N. Rashmi, P. Sampath Kumar and G. S. Prakash (2011). Persistence and Dissipation of Fluopicolide in/on Grape berries and soil under Semi Arid Tropical Climatic Conditions of India. Bull. Environ Contam Toxicol 86:238-241.
- Ravishankar. K.V, Kanupriya C. Nischita P., Santoshkumar Gupta, Sampathkumar Pamu(2014) Mining and characterization of SSRs from pomegranate(Punicagranatum.L.) by pyrosequencing Plant Breeding,12238.
- Best Paper award from HSI, for the paper published in 2006.
Divisioin of Fruit Crops, IIHR, Hesseraghatta Lake Post, Bangalore, 560 089