1. Released high yielding variety of areca nut (Samrudhi), which produces 23 % more yield than Mangala.
2. Identified exotic dwarf cultivar of coconut Niu Leka with high copra content (245 g/nut) and copra yield (13.9kg/palm/year).
3. Identified monoecious nutmeg, which produce more than 1000 fruits per tree.
4. Collected and conserved 250 number of agri-horticultural germplasm (wild) of Bay islands.
5. Developed areca nut and coconut based farming systems with different spices as inter crops and organic production practices for coconut with suitable cover crops.
6. Varietal evaluation and agro-techniques for vegetable crops including protected cultivation for A&N island conditions.
7. Identified French bean and Dolichos varieties as an intercrop for off-season production (summer) and Banana varieties (TC Plants) in Areca nut garden (Maidan region) of Karnataka.
8. Maintained 100 numbers of betlevine germplasms and identified suitable Betelvine cultivars as an intercrop in arecanut garden (Maidan region) of Karnataka.
9. Developed organic production technology for Medicinal Crops (Coleus and Kalmegh).
10. Developed off-season production technology for Aonla.
1. Dinesh, R., M.A.Suryanarayana, G. Shyam Prasad, A.K.Bandhopadhyay, A.K. Nair and T.V.R.S.Sharma (1999). Influence of leguminous cover crops on microbial and related enzyme activities in soil of the plantation. J. Plant Nutrition Soil Science, 16:57-60.
2. Singh, D.B, M.A.Suryanarayana, R.P.Medhi, T.V.R.S.Sharma and B.L.Attri (2000). Agro-biodiversity of A & N islands. Indian J. of Plant Genetic Resources. 13(2):137-139.
3. Sharma,T.V.R.S., B.L.Attri, M.A.Suryanarayana and D.B.Singh (2000). Improving the cocnut productivity by genetic manipulation. Indian Coconut J., 31(3): 10-13.
4. Swaroop, K, M.A.Suryanarayana and T.VR.S.Sharma and Anil Kumar (2000). Screening Brinjal (Solanum melangena L.) varieties for bacterial wilt resistance and higher yield in A & N islands. J. Tropical Agril., 38:90-91
5. Suryanrayana, M.A., K.N.Shiva, R.P.Medhi, T.Damodaran and Sujatha A.Nair (2001). Genetic resources of plantation and spices crops in A & N islands. J. Andaman Sci. Assoc., 17:297.
6. Swaroop, K, M.A.Suryanarayana and B.L.Attri (2001). Evaluation of AVRDC chillies for yield and bacterial wilt resistance under Andaman conditions. The Hort J., 14(3):56-60.
7. Dinesh, R., M.A.Suryanarayana, A.K.Nair and S.Ghoshal Choudhuri (2001). Legumenous cover crops effect on nitrogen mineralization rates and kinetics in soil. J Agron. and Crop Sci., 187:161-166.
8. Shiva, K.N., M.A.Suryanarayana and R.P.Medhi (2003). Genetic resources of spices and their conservation in Bay islands. Indian J. Plant Genetic Resources, 16(2): 91-95.
9. Swaroop, K., M.A.Suryanarayana and D.R.Singh (2004). Effect of season and rotation on yield, monetary advantage and cost benefit ratio of different vegetables in A & N islands. Indian J. Hort, 61(2): 150-153.
10. Dinesh, R., M.A.Suryanarayana, S.Ghoshal Choudhuri and T.E.Shija (2005). Influence of Leguminous cover crops on the specific and general biochemical characteristics in soils of plantation. Soil and Tillage Research, 77:69-77.
Flat No.165, Kendriya Vihar, Yelahanka, Bengaluru-560 064.