Worked on hybrid rice seed production technology and characterization of wheat varieties through Electrophoresis techniques at IARI, New Delhi, from Dec,1991 to Aug, 1996; Worked on hybrid seed production aspects of tomato, sunflower, and variety development in chickpea at IARI Centre for Improvement of Pulses, Dharwad from Aug,1996 to May,1999; Since May, 1999 working at IIHR, Bangalore on: Seed quality aspects influenced by seed production practices, post harvest techniques; seed quality improvement by coating and pelleting; seed dormancy in vegetable, medicinal, flower and fruit crops. Worked out optimum stage of fruit harvest for better seed quality in tomato, eggplant, capsicum and papaya; Standardized seed extraction techniques for tomato, eggplant and papaya; Standardized seed processing requirements for frenchbean, okra and papaya; Techniques to improve seed germination in fresh dormant seeds have been optimized for papaya, eggplant, Aswagandha, Kalmegh, velvet bean and Bixa orallena; Storage conditions for extending seed viability have been optimized for papaya, frenchbean, capsicum, china aster, mango and onion; Seed pelleting technique for onion and carrot have been standardized; Standardized seed germination test conditions for papaya, Aswagandha, Kalmegh, Velvet bean and China aster.
1. Yogeesha, H. S., Bhanuprakash, K. and Naik, L.B. 2008. Seed storability in three varieties of papaya in relation to seed moisture, packaging material and storage temperature. Seed Science & Technology, 36(3): 721-729.
2. Yogeesha, H. S., Singh, T.H. and Naik, L.B. 2008. Seed germination in relation to seed development in eggplant (Solanum melongena) Indian Journal Agricultural Sciences, 78(11): 1010-1012.
3. H.S. Yogeesha, K. Bhanuprakash and L.B. Naik. 2007. Effect of temperature and chemical pre-treatment on seed germination in papaya (Carica papaya L.). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 77(10):689-691.
4. H.S. Yogeesha, Upreti, K.K., Padmini,K., Bhanuprakash, K. and Murti, G.S.R. 2006. Mechanism of seed dormancy in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.). Seed Science &Technology, 34 (2) 319-325.
5. H.S. Yogeesha, Vasantha Kumar, T., Bhanuprakash K. and Naik, L.B. 2006. Studies on hard seed content and seed storage in six accessions of Mucuna pruriens L. under ambient conditions. Journal of Medicinal & Aromatic Plant Sciences, 28:187-189.
6. H.S. Yogeesha, Bhanuprakash, K and Naik, L.B. 2006. Stage of fruit harvest on seed quality in tomato ( Lycopersicon esculentum M) during storage. Seed Research, 34(1) 74-76.
7. H.S. Yogeesha, T.N. Shivananda and K. Bhanuprakash. 2005. Effect of seed maturity, seed moisture and various pre-treatments on seed germination of annatto (Bixa orellana L.). Seed Science & Technology, 33:97-104.
8. H.S. Yogeesha, K. Bhanuprakash and L.B. Naik. 2005. Effect of seed size on quality and field performance in french bean (Phaseolus vulgaris L.). Seed Research, 33(1):96-9.
9. H.S. Yogeesha and T.N. Shivananda, 2003. Pre-treatments to improve seed germination in Mucuna Pruriens.Seed Research, 31(1), 113-115.
10. H.S. Yogeesha, A. Nagaraja and S.P.Sharma, 1999. Pollination studies in hybrid tomato seed production. Seed Sci. & Technol.27:115-122.
Netherlands Fellowship to attend the International course in Seed Sector Development at IAC Wageningen, Netherlands in 2003. Fellow of the Indian Society of Seed Technology
No. 161, 7th Main, AGB Layout, Chikkasandra, Hessaraghatta Road, Bengaluru-560 090.