Shivarama Bhat P
Management of pests of cashew, plant products in pest management
MSc (Ag), Ph.D
Experience (No. of Years):
- Development of cashew variety “Bhaskara” which is high yielding and escapes tea mosquito bug attack.
- IPM strategies for tea mosquito bug and cashew stem and root borer.
- Evaluation of synthetic insecticides and plant products for the management of tea mosquito bug infesting cashew.
- Protocols for the detection residues of insecticides in cashew kernel and apple.
- Working our bio-systematics of tea mosquito bug and its natural enemies.
- Semio-chemicals for tea mosquito bug.
- Documentation of bio-diversity of arthropod fauna in cashew plantations.
- Bhat ,P.S. and Raviprasad ,T.N. 2006. Studies on endosulfan and carbaryl residues in cashew kernels. Journal of Plantation Crops 34(3): 373-376.
- Bhat, P.S. and Raviprasad, T.N. 2008. Studies on lindane and chlorpyriphos residues in cashew kernels. Journal of Plantation Crops 36 (2): 142-144.
- Bhat, P.S. and Raviprasad, T.N. 2008. Sex pheromone of tea mosquito bug Helopeltis antonii Signoret (Miridae:Heteroptera). Journal of Plantation Crops 36 (3):451-453.
- Bhat, P.S., Srikumar, K.K., Raviprasad, T.N., Vanitha, K.., Rebijith, K.B. and Asokan, R. Biology, behaviour, functional response and molecular characterization of R. trochantericus Stal var. luteous (Hemiptera: Reduviidae: Harpactorinae) a potential predator of Helopeltis spp. (Hemiptera: Miridae). Entomological News 123(4):264-277.
- Bhat ,P.S. , Srikumar,K.K. and Raviprasad, T.N. 2013. Seasonal diversity and status of spiders (Arachnida:Araneae) in cashew ecosystem. World Applied Sciences Journal 22(6):763-770.
- Bhat,P.S. and Srikumar,K.K. 2013.Genetalia structure examination for inter - specific mating of Helopeltis antonii and H.theivora. Current Science :105 (1):23-25.
- Bhat,P.S. and Srikumar,K.K. 2013.Record of egg parasitoids Telenomus sp.laricis group (Hymenoptera:Platygastridae) and Chaetostricha sp.(Hymenoptera:Trichogrammatide) from Helopeltis theivora Waterhouse (Heteroptera:Miridae) infesting cocoa. International Journal of Agricultural Sciences 3(5):510-512.
- Asokan R., Rebijith, K. B., Srikumar K. K., Bhat P.S., and Ramamurthy V. V.2012. Molecular identification and diversity of Helopeltis antonii and Helopeltis theivora (Hemiptera: Miridae) in India, Florida Entomologist 95(2): 350-358.
- Srikumar. K.K., P.S.Bhat, Raviprasad.T.N, Vanitha.K, Krishna Kumar. N.K, Rebijith. K.B and R. Asokan 2013. Distribution of major sucking pest, Helopeltis spp. (Hemiptera: Miridae) of cashew in India. Proceedings of Zoological Society of India. DOI 10.1007/s12595-013-0091-2.
- Srikumar, K. K. and Bhat, P.S. 2013. Biology of the tea mosquito bug, Helopeltis theivora Waterhouse on Chromolaena odorata (L.). Chilean Journal of Agricultural Research, 73 (3): 309-314.
- Srikumar, K. K. and Bhat, P.S. 2013. Demographic parameters of Helopeltis antonii Signoret (Heteroptera: Miridae) on neem, cocoa and henna. African Journal of Agricultural Research 8(35): 4466-4473.
- Sundararaju ,D. Yadukumar ,N. Bhat ,P.S. Raviprasd,T.N. , Venkattakumar , R. and Sreenath Dixit, 2006, Yield performanc of “ Bhaskara ” cashew variety in coastal Karnataka. Journal of Plantation Crops 34(3): 216-219.
- Junior Research Fellowship of ICAR, New Delhi for M.Sc. (Ag) programme at UAS, Bangalore in 1981.
- Senior Research Fellowship of ICAR, New Delhi for Ph.D. programme at Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore in 1997.
- Dr. Abdul Kareem Award with gold medal for best thesis in plant protection (Entomology / Pathology / Nematology) during 1999 for the Ph.D. thesis submitted to the Department of Entomology, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu.
- Fellow of Entomological Society of India (FESI), New Delhi since 2008.
- Member, Working committee: Plantation Crops Symposium – XVIII (PLACROSYM-XVIII) held during 10-13 December, 2008 at Directorate of Cashew Research, Puttur.
- Member, Institute Management Committee: Central Tuber Crops Research Institute, Trivandrum for the period from 2014-17.
- Involved in editing of 15 (fifteen) Annual Reports of Directorate of Cashew research, Puttur including the award winning report for the year 2000-01.
- Recognized Guide for Ph.D. scholars at Mangalore University, UAS, Bangalore and UAS, Dharwar.
Address for Communication:
Principal Scientist Division of Entomology & Nematology, IIHR, Hessaraghatta Lake Post, Bangalore- 560 089.