- Developed spectral signatures and spectral indices for rice brown plant hopper with remote sensing techniques.
- Assessed impact of effect of elevated CO2 on rice BPH in open top chambers (OTCs).
- Developed pest-weather based forewarning thumb rule for rice BPH and Yellow stem borer for Mandya region, Karnataka, India.
- Documented the wild pollinators in broccoli and studied the importance of wild pollinators in broccoli pollination and seed setting.
1. N.R. Prasannakumar, Subhash Chander and Madan pal. (2012). Assessment of impact of climate change with reference to elevated CO2 on rice brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens (Stal) and crop yield. Current Science, 103 (10):1201-1205.
2. N. R. Prasannakumar, Subhash Chander, R. N. Sahoo & V. K. Gupta. (2013). Assessment of brown planthopper, Nilaparvata lugens Stal. damage in rice using hyperspectral remote sensing. International Journal of Pest Management. 59 (3): 180-188.
3. N. R. Prasannakumar, Subhash Chander and R. N. Sahoo. (2014). Characterization of brown planthopper damage on rice crops through hyperspectral remote sensing under field conditions. Phytoparasitica. 42: 387-395.
4. K. Selvaraj, Subhash Chander and N.R. Prasannakumar. (2014). Determination of thermal constant and developmental threshold of pink borer, Sesamia inferens Walker. Proceedings of National Academy of Sciences, India Section B: Biological Sciences. DOI 10.1007/s40011-014-0348-1.
5. Prasannakumar, N.R. and Subhash Chander. (2014).Weather-based brown planthopper prediction model at Mandya, Karnataka. Journal of Agrometeorology 16(1): 126-129.
6. N.R. Prasannakumar, Subhash Chander and L. Vijay Kumar. (2015). Development of weather based rice yellow stem borer prediction model for the Cauvery command rice areas, Karnataka, India. Cogent Food & Agriculture, 1: 995281 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/23311932.2014.995281
7. N.R. Prasannakumar, P.N. Krishna Moorthy and S. Saroja.(2013). Efficacy of botanicals against major insect pests of cabbage (Brassica oleracea var capitata). Pest management in Horticultural Ecosystems, 19(1):27-32.
- Dr. S. Guruprasad Pradhan Gold Medal for the best Ph.D Student in the discipline of Entomology in 51st Convocation held 15th Feb 2013 at IARI, New Delhi
- IARI Senior Research Fellowship for Ph.D degree during Aug 2009-June-2012
- American Springs and Pressings Fellowship from ASPEE during 2006-2008 for Msc (Ag)
- Life member and Joint secretary to Association for Advancement of Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems (Journal – Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems)
Scientist, Division of Entomology & Nematology, IIHR, Hessaraghatta Lake Post, Bangalore 560 089.