Potential of RNAi in the management of the boll worm, Helicoverpa armigera has been validated
1. R. Asokan, K. B. Rebijith, Sakthi K. Singh, A. S. Sidhu, S. Siddharthan, Praveen K. Karanth, R. Ellango and V. V. Ramamurthy. 2011. Molecular identification and phylogeny of Bacterocera species (Diptera: Tephritidae). Florida Entomologist, 94:1026-1035.
2. H. M. Mahadevaswmy, R. Asokan, S. N. Nagesha, D. K. Arora, Ajantha Birah and Riaz Mahmood. 2011. Cloning, characterization and diversity of insecticidal crystal protein genes of Bacillus thuringiensis native isolates from the soils of Andaman & Nicobar Islands. Current Microbiology, 63: 420-425.
3. R. Asokan, K. B. Rebijith, N. K. Krishna Kumar, K. K. Srikumar, P. Sivarama Bhat. 2011. Development of DNA barcode and species-specific markers for Helopeltis antonii Signoret & Pachypeltis maesarum (Kirkaldy) (Heteroptera: Miridae), pests of Cashew (Anacardium occidentale L). Entomological News, 122: 173-181.
4. K. B. Rebijith, R. Asokan and N. K. Krishna Kumar. 2011. Development of species- specific markers and molecular differences in mtDNA of Thrips palmi Karny and Scirtothrips dorsalis Hood (Thripidae: Thysanoptera), vectors of tospoviruses (Bunyaviridae) in India. Entomological News, 122: 201-213.
5. M. Manamohan, M.N. Prakash, G. Sharath Chandra, R. Asokan and S. N. Nagesha. 2011. An improved protocol for rapid and efficient Agrobacterium mediated transformation of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). Journal of Applied Horticulture, 13:3-7.
6. R. Asokan, H. M. Mahadevaswamy and D. K. Arora.2012. Screening, Diversity and Partial Sequence Comparison of Vegetative Insecticidal Protein (vip3A) Genes in the Local Isolates of Bacillus thuringiensis Berliner. Current Microbiology, 64: 365-370.
7. R. Asokan, S. N. Nagesha, M. Manamohan, N. K. Krishnakumar, H. M. Mahadevaswamy,M. N. Prakash, G. Sharath Chandra, K. B. Rebijith and R. Ellango.2012. Common siRNAs for various target genes of the fruit borer, Helicoverpa armigera Hubner (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Current Science, 102: 1692-1699.
8. R.Asokan, S.N. Nagesha, M. Manamohan, N.K. Krishna kumar, H.M. Mahadevaswamy, K.B. Rebijith, M.N. Prakash and G.Sharath Chandra. 2012. Molecular diversity of Helicoverpa armigera Hubner (Noctuidae: Lepidoptera) in India. Oriental Insects, 46: 130-143.
9. R. Asokan, K. B. Rebijith, N. K. Krishna Kumar, K. K. Srikumar, P. Shivarama Bhat and V. V. Ramamurthy. 2012. Molecular identification and diversity of Helopeltis antonii and Helopeltis theivora (Hemiptera: Miridae) in India. Florida Entomologist, 94:350-358.
10. G. Sharath Chandra, R. Asokan, M. Manamohan. 2012. Modified competing polymerase chain reaction primer for single tube quantitative PCR. Analytical Biochemistry, 427:175–177.
11. Shalini Thakur Singh, Natarajan Gayatri Priya, Jitendra Kumar, Vipin Singh Rana, R. Ellango, Adita Joshi, Garima Priyadarshini, R. Asokan, Raman Rajagopal. 2012. Diversity and phylogenetic analysis of endosymbiotic bacteria from field caught Bemisia tabaci from different locations of North India based on 16S rDNA library screening. Infection, Genetics and Evolution, 12: 411–419.
12. K. B. Rebijith, R. Asokan, N. K. Krishna Kumar, V. V. Ramamurthy, V. Krishna. 2012. Development of species-specific markers and molecular differences of Aphis gossypii Glover and Myzus persicae (Sulzer), vectors of Potyviruses (Potyviridae). Florida Entomologist, 95: 677-685.
13. H. K. Roopa, N. K. Krishna Kumar, R. Asokan, K. B. Rebijith, Riaz Mahmood and Abraham Verghese. 2012. Phylogenetic analysis of Trialeurodes spp. (Hemiptera: Aleyrodidae) from India based on differences in mitochondrial and nuclear DNA. Florida Entomologist, 95: 1086-1094.
14. K. B. Rebijith, R. Asokan, N. K. Krishna Kumar, K. K. Sreekumar, V. V. Ramamurthy & P. Shivarama Bhat. 2012. DNA barcoding and development of species-specific markers for the identification of tea mosquito bugs (Miridae: Heteroptera) in India. Environmental Entomology, 41: 1239-1245.
Single step method for ihp assembly in plants for RNAi
Fellow of AAPMHE, Bangalore
Division of Biotechnology, IIHR, Bangalore - 560 089