Jayanthi Mala B.R.
Insect Ecology and IPM
- Integrated pest management and enhancement of Allium germpalsm for resistance against thrips.
- Reported new parasitoids of onion thrips and fruit fly
- Host plants-host-natural enemies interactions associated with onion thrips and fruit fly.
- Vector-virus relationships with respect to Iris yellow spot virus and Thips tabaci.
- Documented pollinator diversity of litchi, avocado, rambutan in western ghats and their importance in fruit setting
- Verghese Abraham, Sreedevi K., Nagaraju D.K., Jayanthi Mala B. R., 2006. Farmer-friendly trap for the management of fruit fly Bactrocera spp. (Tephritidae: Diptera). Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, Vol. 12(2), pp. 164-167.
- Verghese Abraham, Sreedevi K., Devi K. Sudha, Nagaraju D.K., Jayanthi Mala B.R.,2006. Pest Free Areas (PFA) of Bactroceracaryeae (Kapoor) in major mango belts of South India. Pest management in Horticultural Ecosystems, Vol.12 (2), pp.75-84.
- Jayanthi Mala B. R and PrathibhaNighot, 2013. Natural enemy complex of Thrips tabaci Lindeman in onion and garlic. Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, Vol.19, No.1, pp. 121-122
- Jayanthi Mala B. R 2013. Off seasonal survival of onion thrips, Thrips tabaci Lindeman infesting onion (Allium cepa). Insect Environment, Vol.19 (3), Oct-Dec, pp.193-194
- Jayanthi Mala B. R., 2013. Resistance sources in wild germplasm of onion against thrips, Thrips tabaci.Insect Environment, Vol.19 (3), Oct-Dec, pp. 203-204
- Jayanthi Mala B.R., 2014. Report of larvi-pupal parasitoid, Diachasmimorpha sp. (Hymenoptera: Braconidae) associated with fruit fly, Bactrocera caryeae(Kapoor) (Diptera: Tephritidae). Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, Vol.19, No.2, pp. 256-257
- Jayanthi MalaB. R., P.S. Sreenivas, A. Thangasamy and PratibhaNighot, 2014. Role of different nutrients on attack of thrips (Thripstabaci Lindeman) in onion. Current Biotica 8(1):72-75
- Jayanthi MalaB. R. and SunandaSanganal, 2014. Management of citrus scale Chrysomphlaus aonidum(Hemiptera: Diaspididae)on Coorg mandarin (Citrus reticulata). Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems vol. 20. No.1 pp 84-85
- Jayanthi MalaB. R., M. Pratheepa, Abraham Verghese, P. C. Tripathi, H. R. Ranganath and SunandaSanganal, 2015. Role of climatic factors on citrus psylla, Diaphorina citri Kuwayana (Psyllidae: Hemiptera) in Coorg mandarin, Citrus reticulate Blanco. Current Biotica 9(1):45-53
- B. R. Jayanthi Mala, G. Karunakaran and P. C. Tripathi, 2015. Have dessert Rambutan free from pests. Indian Horticulture, pp 34-35
- ICAR- Junior Research Fellow for M.Sc. (Ag)
- Life member for Advancement of Association of Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystem
- Life member for Indian Society of Alliums
Division of Entomology & Nematology