- Cloned a number of genes & promoters for abiotic stress tolerance in crop plants and validated for function: dreb1A, dreb2S, PjVP1, rd29A, rab7, etc.
- Developed genetically modified tomato and chilli for moisture stress and heat stress.
- Anthocyanin rich tomato were developed by metabolic engineering
- Developed a modular vector for single step assembly of sense and antisense DNA fragments for RNAi in plants
- Genetically modified tomato by RNAi mediated insect pest resistance
1) Manamohan, M., G. Sharath Chandra, R. Asokan, H. Deepa, M.N. Prakash (2013). One-step DNA fragment assembly for expressing intron containing hairpin RNA in plants for gene silencing. Analytical Biochemistry, 433:189–191.
2) G. Sharath Chandra, R. Asokan, M. Manamohan. (2012). Modified competing polymerase chain reaction primer for single tube quantitative PCR. Analytical Biochemistry, 427: 175–177.
3) Manamohan, M., N. Prakash, G. Sharath Chandra, R. Asokan and Nagesh, S.N. (2011). An improved protocol for rapid and efficient Agrobacterium mediated transformation of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.). J. Applied Horticulture, 13(1):3-7.
4) Manamohan, M., Asokan, R., and S. Mohandas (2012). Development of recombinant Cry3A expressing Bacillus cereus with enhanced rhizospheric competence to control the ash weevil (Myllocerus subfasciatus) Guerin. Infesting brinjal (Solanum melongena L.) J. Biological Control, 26(2):138-143.
5) R. Asokan, S.N. Nagesh, M. Manamohan et al. (2012). RNAi mediated management of fruit borer, Helicoverpa armigera Hubner (Noctuider, Lepidoptera): Sequence variations in generation of siRNAs for various target genes- an in silico analysis, Current Science, 102(12):1692-1699.
6) R. Asokan, S.N. Nagesh, M. Manamohan et al. (2012). Molecular diversity of some important genes of the fruit borer, Helicoverpa armigera Hubner (Noctuider, Lepidoptera) from India. Oriental Insects, 46(2):130-143.
7) R. Asokan, G. Sharath Chandra, M. Manamohan and N.K. Krishna Kumar. (2013).Quantitative real time PCR studies on the differential response of mid gut and non-mid gut genes to RNAi in the American boll worm, Helicoverpa armigera Hübner (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae). Bulletin of Entomological Research. (In press).
8) Manamohan M., R. Asokan, Prakash, M.N., G. Sharath Chandra, Deepa H., Rajiv, P.R., Keshav Rao, C.S. Bujji Babu, K. Prasad Babu, and N.K. Krishnakumar. (2013). Anthocyanin enrichment of tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruit by metabolic engineering. Current Science (In press).
9) R. Asokan, S.N. Nagesh, N.K. Krishna Kumar and M. Manamohan (2012). Genetic variation of actin gene of Helicoverpa armigera. J. Entomological Research, 36(2):123-127.
10) S Mohandas, M. Manamohan, R.D. Rawal, Saikat Chakraborty, H.Y. Sreekanthappa, R. Manjula and H.C. Laxmikantha. (2004). Interaction of Fusarium oxysporum s.sp. cubense with Pseudomonas fluorescens precolonized to banana roots. World J. Microbiol. Biotechnol. 20(6): 651-655.