Production techniques of Grapes
- Dogridge identified as the best rootstock for drought and salinity conditions.
- Bud dormancy during October pruning can be overcome by the use of Hydrogen Cynamide swabbing to the terminal three buds.
- Package of practices for growing Sharad Seedless and Flame Seedless under ‘Y’ trellis system were standardized.
- Application of GA (25 ppm) and BA (10 ppm) as post bloom dipping at 4 mm berry stage and GA (25 ppm) at 8 mm berry stage ensures desired berry size and quality in seedless grape varieties.
- Halting of canes to 4thand 5thnode and developing single sub-cane per cane recommended for good quality bunch and fruit attributes in Flame Seedless and Sharad Seedless.
- Spraying CCC 1000-1500 ppm during back pruning for enhancement of fruit bud differentiation.