Production techniques of pineapple
- Suckers of 450g weight and slips of about 350g weight ideal for propagation
- About 12g N / plant recommended under irrigated conditions; 16g N / plant recommended under rainfed conditions
- K2O at 12g / plant recommended for irrigated as well as rain fed crop
- About 10g N/ plant for irrigated and 12g / plant recommended for rain fed crop. Nitrogen to be applied in six split doses between 2 and 12 months after planting
- Potash to be applied in two splits 2 and 6 months after planting
- Induction of synchronized flowering with application of 25ppm ethephon in combination with 2% urea and 0.04% calcium carbonate in Kew Pineapple.