Sridhar Gutam is a senior scientist at the ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (ICAR-IIHR), Bengaluru. With a PhD in Plant Physiology from the Indian Agricultural Research Institute in New Delhi, Dr. Gutam focuses on studying plant physiology and phenology of horticultural crops. Alongside his scientific research, he is a passionate advocate for Open Access, Open Data, and Open Education. Dr. Gutam is the founder of 'Open Access India', a dedicated community that promotes the accessibility of publicly funded research information and data. He played a proactive role in the adoption of Open Access policy by the ICAR. He also have a keen interest in intellectual property rights and has actively pursued professional development in this area. He has completed courses on biotechnology and intellectual property from WIPO (World Intellectual Property Organization), a Post Graduate Diploma in Patent Laws from NALSAR University of Law in Hyderabad, and a Management Development Programme on Intellectual Property Rights from IIM (Indian Institute of Management) in Ahmedabad. Furthermore, he has attended the Copyright & Right to Research Seminar at the American University Washington College of Law. Through his research, advocacy, and active community engagement, Dr. Gutam strives to advance the dissemination of knowledge and foster collaboration within the agricultural research community.
- Bakhshi, S. I., & Gutam, S. (2013). Scholarly Communication through Social Networks. In: Urs, S.R., Na, JC., Buchanan, G. (eds) Digital Libraries: Social Media and Community Networks. ICADL 2013. Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol 8279. Springer, Cham. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-319-03599-4_23
- Bhavana, P., & Gutam, S. (2016). Crop Improvement for Water and Heat Stress Tolerance. In Approaches to Improve Agricultural Water Productivity. Satish Serial Publishing House. ISBN: 9789385055805.
- Debnath, S., Bauri, F., Swain, S., Patel, AN, Patel, A., Shaikh, N., Bhalerao, V., Baruah, K., Manju, P., & others. (2022). Studies on High Density Planting and Nutrient Requirement of Banana in Different States of India. Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 16(2), 152–163. DOI: https://doi.org/10.24154/jhs.v16i2.844
- Dhakar, M., Das, B., Gutam, S., Patil, P., & Singh, A. (2022). Management of alternate bearing and flower induction in litchi cv. China. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 79(4), 443–449. DOI: http://doi.org/10.5958/0974-0112.2022.00062.7
- Gutam, S. (2011). Dry matter partitioning, grain filling and grain yield in wheat genotypes. Communications in Biometry & Crop Science, 6(2):48-63.
- Gutam, S., & Attaluri, S. (2021). Pathways to Opening Access to Agricultural Research Knowledge in India. Journal of Agricultural Extension Management, 22(2), 305–312
- Gutam, S., & Das, S. (2023). An Overview of Publication Patterns in India’s Agricultural Research Community: Journals, Open Access, and Preprints. ResearchSquare, https://doi.org/10.21203/rs.3.rs-2565275.
- Gutam, S., Aneeja, G., Mishra, A., Pandey, P., & Chandrasekharan, H. (2010). Open Access: Making Science Research Accessible. Economic and Political Weekly, 19–22.
- Gutam, S., Mishra, A., Pandey, P., Chandrasekharan, H., & Aneeja, G. (2010). Need of open access repositories for NARS in India. Current Science, 98(12), 1564–1566.
- Guttikonda, A., & Gutam, S. (2009). Prospects of open access to Indian agricultural research: A case study of ICAR. First Monday, 14(7). DOI: https://doi.org/10.5210/fm.v14i7.2488
- Maiti, S., Gutam, S., & Geetha, K. (2008). Intellectual Property Rights for Medicinal and Aromatic Plants in India. In Intellectual Property Rights in Horticulture (pp. 277–296). Associated Publishing Company, New Delhi.
- Navya, B. L., Rajasekharan, P. E., & Gutam, S. (2023). Pollen cryopreservation in Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus) for crop improvement. In Pollen Cryopreservation Protocols ISBN978-1-0716-2843-0 (p. 542). Springer US https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-0716-2843-0_10.
- Pickering, B., Biro, T., Austin, C., Bernier, A., Bezuidenhout, L., Casorrán, C., Crawley, F., David, R., Engelhardt, C., Mitrea, G., & others. (2021). Radical collaboration during a global health emergency: Development of the RDA COVID-19 data sharing recommendations and guidelines. Open Research Europe, 1, 69. https://doi.org/10.12688/openreseurope.13369.1
- Saravanan, R., Kunal, M., Sridhar, G., Samanta, J., & Kumar, V. S. (2010). Changes in photosynthesis related parameters in isabgol (Plantago ovata) under downy mildew infection. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology, 15(4), 401–405.
- Tandon, G., Poluru, L., Gutam, S., Mishra, A., Chandrasekharan, H., & Pandey, P. (2013). Availability and Accessibility of Research Outputs in NARS: A case study with IARI. Scholarly and Research Communication, 4(2): 020156, 11 pp. DOI: https://doi.org/10.22230/src.2013v4n2a86
Room No. 1, Ground Floor, Main Lab Building, ICAR-IIHR, Hesaraghatta Lake Post, Bengaluru 560089