I joined the Agricultural Research Service of the Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) in January 2004 immediately after the completion of my PhD in Plant Physiology from the ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institue (ICAR-IARI). At present, I am working as Senior Scientist in ICAR-All India Coordinated Research Project on Fruits (ICAR-AICRP on Fruits) hosted at ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (ICAR-IIHR). My area of interests are Plant Physiology of Agricultural and Horticultural Crops and Plant Phenology. Prior to this, I had worked at ICAR Research Complex for Eastern Region (ICAR-RCER), Research Centre, Ranchi; ICAR-Central Institute for Subtropical Horticulture (ICAR-CISH), Lucknow; ICAR-Indian Agricultural Research Institute (ICAR-IARI), New Delhi and ICAR-Directorate of Medicinal and Aromatic Plants Research (ICAR-DMPAR), Anand. Apart from Plant Physiology, I work for opening up of data and information (Open Access & Open Data) and application of free and open source software in agricultural research. Looking into my passion for Open Access and Open Data, I was inducted into the CLACSO's working group, Bienes Comunes y Acceso Abiertoon (Commons and Open Access). I am also on the board of AgriXIv an open access preprints repository of agriculture and allied sciences and Thesis Commons, an open access thesis repository.
Link to full cv is here.
- Tandon, Gitanjali, Lalitha Poluru, Sridhar Gutam, A.K. Mishra, P.S. Pandey, H. Chandrasekharan. 2013. Availability and Accessibility of Research Outputs in NARS: A case study with IARI. Scholarly and Research Communication, 4(2): 020156, 11 pp.
- Gutam S. 2011. Dry matter partitioning, grain filling and grain yield in wheat genotypes. Communications in Biometry and Crop Science. Vol. 6(2): 48–63.
- Saravanan R, Mandal K, Gutam S, Samanta JN, Sarojkumar V. 2010. Influence of downy mildew disease on photosynthetic parameters of isabgol. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. Vol. 15(4): 399-403.
- Gutam S Aneeja G Mishra AK Pandey PS and Chandrasekharan H. 2010. Open Access: Making Science Research Accessible. Economic and Political Weekly. Vol. 45(47): 19-22.
- Gutam S, Mishra AK, Pandey PS, Chandrasekharan H, and Aneeja G. 2010. Need of open access repositories for NARS in India. Current Science. Vol. 98(12): 1564-1566.
- Aneeja G and Gutam S. 2009. Prospects of open access to Indian Agricultural Research: A case study of ICAR. First Monday. Vol. 14(7).
- Gutam S, Koti RV, Chetti, MB and Hiremath SM. 2009. Effect of different concentrations of naphthalene acetic acid and mepiquat chloride on physiological components of yield in bell pepper Tarihal local (Capsicum annuum L.). Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 47(1): 53-61.
- Gutam S, Nath V and Srivastava GC. 2008. Endogenous hormonal content during grain development in wheat. Bangladesh Journal of Agricultural Research. Vol. 33(3): 493-502.
- Gutam S, Nath V, Srivastava GC and Kumari S. 2005. Carbohydrate accumulation in developing grains of wheat genotypes. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. Vol. 10(2): 199-201.
Office: Room No. 213, 2nd Floor, Main Lab Building, ICAR-AICRP on Fruits, ICAR-IIHR, Hesaraghatta Lake Post, Bengaluru 560089
Home: Flat No. I-503, Salarpuria Sattva, Mallasandra, Hesaraghatta Main Road, Bengaluru 560057