At CTCRI (1997-2004)
1. MUKTAKESHI - a colocasia variety developed - Variety approved and released Central Subcommittee on crop standards and variety release. Published in Gazette notification by Govt. of India. (As Co-PI of the Phytonet project, PI: Dr. R.S.Misra)
2. In vitro technique for screening the taro cultivars using cell wall glucan elicitors.
3. Rhizobacteria cultures native to taro rhizosphere that are antagonistic to P. colocasiae were identified. Seed treatment and soil application of these cultures not only reduced disease severity in the field but also increased yield potential and reduced storage loss too.
At NBAII (formerly PDBC) (2004-2012)
1. Chitinase and glucanase producing isolates of Trichoderma spp. identified that can be used specifically against higher fungi (pathogens belonging to deuteromycotina, ascomycotina, basidiomycotina) and lower fungi (pathogens belonging to mastigomycotina).
2. Bioefficacy tests for the talc formulations standardized for quality analysis of the formualtions
3. Shelf life extension in talc formulations of Trichoderma derived from liquid and solid state fermentation
4. Invert-emulsion formulation of Trichoderma developed for different delivery methods
5. Salinity (2M NaCl) and carbendazim (200 ppm) tolerant Trichoderma formulations developed
6. ISR eliciting isolates of Trichoderma spp. identified
7. Non-pathogenic Fusarium isolates for Fusarium wilt management identified
8. Isolates of Candida tropicalis and Bacillus subtilis, Alcaligenes identified for post harvest biocontrol of fruits
9. Bacteriophage formulations developed for bacterial wilt in brinjal
Total number of publications in refereed journals : 34 Seminars/ Symposia etc: 44 GenBank Accessions : 301 Ten best research papers Sriram, S., Roopa, K.P. and Savitha, M.J. 2011. Extended shelf-life of liquid fermentation derived talc formulations of Trichoderma harzianum with the addition of glycerol. Crop Protection. 30: 1334-1339. Sriram, S., Palanna, K.B. and Ramanujam, B. 2010. Effect of chitin on the shelf life of Trichoderma harzianum in talc formualtion. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 80(10): 930-932. Sriram, S., Savitha, M.J. and Ramanujam, B. 2010. Trichoderma-enriched coco-peat for the management of Phytophthora and Fusarium diseases of chilli and tomato in nurseries. Journal of Biological Control. 24(4): 311-316. Sriram, S., Manasa, S. B., Savitha, M. J. 2009. Potential use of elicitors from Trichoderma in induced systemic resistance for the management of Phytophthora capsici in red pepper. Journal of Biological Control, 23(4): 449-456. Sriram, S. and R. S. Misra 2007 Biological control of taro (Colocasia esculenta (L.) Schott.) leaf blight caused by Phytophthora colocasiae (Racib.) and storage losses with rhizobacteria Journal of Biological Control. 22(2): 181-188 Sriram,S. Misra, R.S., Sahu, A.K. and S.K.Maheswari. 2003. A cell wall glucan elicitor induces resistance in taro against Phytophthora leaf blight. Journal Of Plant Disease Protection (Zeitschrift fur Pflanzenkrankheiten und Pflanzenschuts). 110(1): 17-26. Sriram, S., Babu, S., Nandakumar, R., Raguchander, T., Balasubramanium, P. and Samiyappan, R. 2002. Differential expression of defense-related proteins of rice and sheath blight symptoms in response to active and inactive Rhizoctonia solani toxin. Archives of Phytopathology and Plant Protection 34(5): 293-306. Shamugam, Sriram, S., Babu, S., Nandakumar, R., Raguchander, T., Balasubramanian, P. and R. Samiyappan. 2001 Purification and characterization of an extracelluar -glucosidase protein from Trichoderma viride which degrades a phytotoxin associated with sheath blight disease in rice. Journal of Applied Microbiology. 90: 320-329. Sriram, S., Raguchander, T., Babu, S., Nandakumar, R., Shanmugam P., Vidhyasekaran P., Balasubramanium, P. and Samiyappan, R. 2000. Inactivation of Phytotoxin produced by rice sheath blight pathogen Rhizoctonia solani. Canadian Journal of Microbiology 46 (6): 520-524. Sriram, S., Raguchander, T., Vidyasekaran, P., Muthukrishnan, S. and Samiyappan R. 1997. Genetic relatedness with special reference to virulence among the isolates of Rhizoctonia solani causing sheath blight in rice. Journal of Plant Disease and Protection (Zeitschrift fur Pflanzenkrankheiten und Pflanzenschuts). 104: 160-171.
1. TNAU Agri-Merit Scholarship by Tamil Nadu Agricultural University during graduation (1987-91)
2. Junior Research Fellowship by Indian Council of Agricultural Research (First Rank at national level) during M.Sc. (Agri.) degree programme in Plant Pathology (1992-94) 3) Senior Research Fellowship by Council of Scientific and Industrial Research during Ph.D. programme in Plant Pathology (1994-97)
1. Invert-emulsion formulation of a fungal antagonist for biological management of plant diseases (3603/CHE/2011 dt. 29/11/2010)
2. Bioformulations of arbendazim tolerant isolates of Trichoderma with biocontrol potential (2272/CHE/2011 dt. 04/07/2011) 3. Bioformulations of salinity tolerant isolates of Trichoderma with biocontrol potential and also cable of inducing salinity tolerance in crop plants (2273/CHE/2011 dt.04/07/2011)
No.203, North Block, Innovative Natura, Vinayaka Layout, Yelahanka, Bangalore - 560 064