Venkata Rami Reddy P.
1. Evaluated about 800 germplasm collections of fruits, vegetables and ornamental crops for resistance to major insect pests and identified potential resistance sources. Role of various mor[phological and biochemical parameters in host plant resistance was studied.
2. Studied the disease cycle of Thai Sac Brood disease of Indian Honeybee and developed an integrated management strategy.
3. Developed a protocol for multiplication of calliphorid pollinator, Chrysomya megacephala
4.Documented pollinator diversity and studied their foraging behaviour in relation to genotype variability in mango and grapes
5. Studied the genetic diversity of Indian honey bee through morphological and molecular charecterisation.
6. Presently working to understand the temperature driven shifts in pollinator activity, in mango, onion and watermelon.
1. Reddy, P. V. R., Chowdappa, P. and Krishna Kumar, N. K. 2011. Compatibility of insecticides and fungicides for the management of thrips (Thrips tabaci) and purple blotch (Alternaria porri) disease in onion. Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, 17(2): 86-91
2. Vageeshbabu S. H., Reddy, P. V. R., Boopal, K.., Srividya, K. N., Poovarasan, S. and Shraddha, B. 2011. Solanum macrocarpon, a wild brinjal, is not a source of resistance against brinjal shoot and fruit borer, Leucinodes orbonalis Guenee. Current Science, 101, (11): 1427-1429
3. Reddy, P.V.R. 2009. Record of Tea mosquito bug, Helopeltis antonii (Sign.) on the fruits of Annona spp. Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, 15 (1): 74-76
4. Reddy P.V.R., and Aswath., C. 2008. Resistance of exotic collections of gerbera (Gerbara jamesonii) against whitefly (Bemesis tabaci) and thrips (Thrips palmi) under polyhouse conditions. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 78 (5): 449-452
5. Reddy P.V.R., and Janakiram, T. 2008. Germplasm evaluation of chrysanthemum for resistance to aphid, Macrosiphoniella sanbornii (Gillette). Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, 14 (1):9-15
6. Reddy P.V. R., and Vasugi, C. 2008. Resistance to fruit fly, Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel) and tea mosquito bug, Helopeltis antonii (Sign.) in certain wild Psidium species. Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 10 (2):123-127
7. Reddy, P. V. R., Todoriki, S., Miyanoshita, A., Imamura, T and Hayashi, T. 2006. Effect of soft electron treatment on adzuki bean weevil, Callosobruchus chinensis (L.) (Coleoptera: Bruchidae). Journal of Applied Entomology, 130 (6-7), 393–399.
INTERNATIONAL: 1.Awarded United Nations University (UNU) – Kirin Fellowship for one year Post-Doctoral Study at National Food Research Institute, Tsukuba, JAPAN (April 2005 to March 2006) 2. Granted United Nations University (UNU), Tokyo Travel Grant to attend and present research paper at 28th ISTA International Seed Symposium held at Iguassu Falls, BRAZIL from 5 – 11 May 2007. 3. Invited for oral presentation of research paper “Soft electron radiation for the management of pulse beetle, Callosobruchus maculates and its effect on seed DNA and germination” at the 28th ISTA Seed Symposum, at Iguassu Falls, Brazil. 5 – 11 May, 2007. NATIONAL:
1.Confered 'FELLOW OF CHAI" by the Confederation of Horticultural Associations of India, New Delhi in 2012.
2. Confered " FELLOW OF AAPMHE" by the Association for Advancement of Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, Bangalore in 2012.
3. Awarded a Merit Certificate by Lt. Amit Singh Memorial Foundation, New Delhi for the Research Concept Note “Plant-Pollinator interactions in the changing environment for improved productivity of horticultural crops” on January 18, 2010.
4. Awarded a Certificate of Honour in recognition of the services rendered at CHES, Chettalli during the Diamond Jubilee Celebration of Central Horticultural Experiment Station, Chettalli on August 8, 2009.
5. Nominated as Chief Editor of Journal Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems by the Association for Advancement of Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, Bangalore from 2009
6. Awarded the AZRA Young Scientist Award - 2001 by the Applied Zoologists Research Association, Cuttack
7. Awarded Sri Shakthi Prasad Memorial Gold Medal for M. Sc (Ag) by the A. P. Agricultural Inversity
16 Sreevihar, Narayanappa Layout, Nagashetty halli, RMV II Stage, Bangalore-94