- Developed stability models in Watermelon, Chilli and Onion and identified lines/hybrids which are stable for commercial exploitation, and for release as a variety.
- Developed a statistical package for performing stability analysis research in vegetable crops.
- Developed ANN models to arrive at the crop logging parameters (significant yield contributing biometric factors) across different crop growth stages along with their optimum values for Banana (cv Ney poovan & Robusta) and Papaya (cv Surya).
- Developed statistical models for optimizing the role of weather factors on disease incidence of Anthracnose & Downy mildew in Grapes (cv Anab-E-Shahi), Powdery mildew in Mango (cv Alphonso) and Blossom blight in Mango (cv Totapuri).
- ANN models for population dynamics of Thrips in chilli and capsicum (across different rating) in relation to weather factors were developed.
- A menu driven statistical package for horticultural research (SPHR 1.0) was developed on windows platform facilitating day-to-day IIHR research projects statistical data analysis.
- Statistical models were developed for describing ideo-type canopy architecture of Thompson Seedless vine & Alphonso
- Suggested statistical procedures to solve the problems of multi-collinearity/outliers in entomological experiments, before proceeding for carrying out classical regression analysis
- Constructed advanced statistical experimental designs for varietals/germplasm evaluated under resource constraint scenario(Crop: Okra) •Developed a nonparametric index for assessing the relative performance of IIHR technologies
- Developed statistical models to ascertain reasons for aril browning in Pomegranate
- Developed a statistical model for identifying factors increasing Jasmine crop productivity *RS Models for optimising input-use (nutrient/water) efficiency in Acid lime and Mango
Lead for carrying our basic research in precision farming techniques in Banana/Papaya had been emanated by evolving crop-logging statistical models to identify significant yield indicating biometrical traits along with their desired optimum values across different crucial phenological crop growth stages.
a)Design of experiments: Optimum sample size for conducting field experiments in vegetables, fruits and ornamental were standardized by conducting several uniformity trails. Response surface models were developed to work out the optimum values of Evaporation Replenishment & Recommended dose of fertilizer with their corresponding yield so as to increase the input use efficiency in Mango. Response surface models were developed to Optimize the role of N, K and Ca on the influence of leaf hopper in brinjal Developed a balanced incomplete block design structure for evaluating breeding germplasm lines as a measure of improving input use efficiency in crop research
b)Statistical modeling: Crop-logging models: Statistical models were developed using ANN theory to suggest the best indicators of crop-yield across its various growth-stages and the optimum estimates of crop-logging parameters required at each stages were worked out in Papaya and Banana. Substrate dynamics models in Tomato were constructed to optimize the role of various soil, biochemical and microbial parameters. Developed statistical models to identify the factors influencing pruning time on enhancing the yield and quality of Jasminum sambac flowers during off-season. Nonlinear stochastic models for disease forecasting in Grapes: Logistic and Gompertz nonlinear stochastic statistical models were developed to express the downy mildew disease progression. Method for revalidation of canopy architecture model in Mango based on resampling procedure. A quick model for estimation of leaf area in Fig (Cv Deanna) using non-destructive sampling approach Bootstrap method to evaluate the sampling efficiency and arrive at optimum sample size for leaf area estimations in Fig(Poona) by non-destructive sampling. Partial least square (PLS) regression models were developed, based on secondary metabolites (56 isolates) profiling by TLC for 7 different alternaria species and to predict the specific chemical diversity among 7 alternaria species. Diversity studies on Brinjal accessions for identifying resistance traits for Gallmidge. Non-linear statistical models were developed to study the population dynamics of thrips across different ratings in Capsicum Developed ideo-type canopy architecture model in Alphonso mango for higher productivity Climate change models:
- Developed statistical models for optimizing the role of weather factors on disease incidence of Anthracnose & Downy mildew in Grapes (cv Anab-E-Shahi), Powdery mildew in Mango (cv Alphonso) and Blossom blight in Mango (cv Totapuri).
- ANN models to express the nonlinear relation among climatic factors vis-à-vis thrips incidence in Capsicum
- Development of population dynamics models for thrips in Chilli (to assess the time lag of climatic factors with thrips inoculum severity)
- To study the effect of climatic change on trap catches of cucurbit fruit fly and fruit infestation on bitter gourd
c)Biometrics: Stability models were developed to identify proper pool of superior lines/genotypes/hybrids suitable for ideal/poor and good environments useful in hybridization programme in vegetable crops (Watermelon, Onion, and Chilli) based on 4 years data on yield and attributing traits Identified factors attributing to aril browning in pomegranate by developing a selection index based model Developed a statistical package for performing stability analysis research in vegetable crops. A menu driven statistical package for horticultural research (SPHR 1.0) was developed on windows platform facilitating day-to-day IIHR research projects statistical data analysis.
d)Nonparametric methods: Nonparametric index for assessing the relative performance of IIHR technologies were developed.
e)Variety released and genetic stock registered: As a multi-disciplinary research team member of Ornamental breeding program, released a Gladiolus variety Arka Naveen (for flower quality having 9 days of vase life as a prominent character with yield 1-1.5 marketable spikes/corm). As a multi-disciplinary research team member of Ornamental breeding program, Registered (IC0584125; INGR:10067;) a gladiolus germplasm at PGRC/NBPGR, New Delhi, (for Floret colour), under plant germplasm registration system of ICAR 2010.
Developed Window based (GUI) Statistical Package for Horticultural Research (SHPH V 1.0).
Developed Bio-stat Package for Horticultural Crops Research (Biostat IIHR V 1.0)
Developed a database Horticultural database system (HDS V 1.0)
Organized an in-house (six batch of a week duration) Statistical training program on Horticultural Data Analysis Recognized as faculty with UAS, Bangalore, UHS, Bagalkot, APHU, A.P and Jain University, Bangalore for guiding students and course leader for offering statistics courses.
Guided four M.Sc (Agricultural Statistics) student as a Chairman, UAS, Bangalore and served/serving as a statistician for 80 Ph.D/M.Sc students (Horticulture/ Soil Science, Entomology, Agril. Statistics) at UAS, UHS(B) & IARI. Identified as expert (Statistics) to serve as a Faculty member of Central silk Board (CSB) to conduct statistical training along with IIM(B)/IISc professors to Directors, Asst. Directors and Scientists of CSB during 2002,2003,2004.
Offered as course leader AST 601: Applied Regression Analysis (2+1) for the Ph.D students of UHS (B) during 2010,2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016 sessions.
Offered as course leader PGS 504: Basic Statistical methods for Agricultural Research (2+1) for the Ph.D students of IARI-IIHR during 2014-15.
Offered as course leader AST 602: Advanced Statistical Genetics (1+1) for the Ph.D students of IARI-IIHR during 2014-15 and 2015-16.
List of crops covered under multi-disciplinary research projects of stat lab, IIHR (since 2000)
Banana/Papaya (Crop logging models)
Mango/Grapes/Fig (Canopy architecture models)
Mango/Grapes (disease forecasting models)
Pomegranate (Selection index) Mango,
Passion fruit (Response surface models)
Chilli, Cucumber, Watermelon,
Brinjal and Onion: Biometrical/stability models
Okra: Advanced designs for evaluating germplsam lines
Tomato: Substrate dynamics models
Chill, Capsicum, Brinjal, Onion, melons: Pest population dynamics models
Ornamentals Jasmine, Rose, Gerbera (crop production models) Under consultancy services extended Statistics lab ,IIHR extends statistical consultancy on planning, designing, analyzing and interpretation of scientific project data and provide training for the same. Editor, JHS since 2009 for assessing statistical adequacy of the article submitted for publication.
- R.Venugopalan and Prajneshu (1996). Trend analysis in all-India marine product export using statistical modelling techniques. Indian J.Fish., 43(2):107-13.
- P.K. Bajpai and R. Venugopalan (1996). Forecasting sugarcane production by Time Series Modelling. Indian Journal of Sugarcane Technology. 11(1): 61-65.
- R.Venugopalan and Prajneshu(1997). Von-Bertalnffy growth model with autocorrelated errors. Indian J.Fish., 44(1):63-67.
- R.Venugopalan and Prajneshu(1997). A generalized allometric model for determining length-weight relationship. Biometrical Journal. Germany. 39:733-39.
- Prajneshu and R.Venugopalan(1997). Statistical modeling for describing fish production in India. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 67(5):452-56.
- R.Venugopalan and Prajneshu(1998). On nonlinear procedure for obtaining length-weight relationship. Indian Journal of Animal Sciences. 68(1):70-72.
- Prajneshu and R.Venugopalan (1998). Comparative study of nonequilibrium vis-à-vis equilibrium Schaefer model. Indian J.Fish.,45:1-6.
- R.Venugopalan and M.Srinath.(1998). Modelling and forecasting fish catches: Comparison of regression ,univariate and multivariate time series methods. Indian J.Fish., 45(3):227-37.
- R.Venugopalan, K.Padmini, P.S.Swathi Lekshmi, V.Lenin, and P.C.Latha. (1999). Application of PRA technique for field problem identification. Agricultural Extension Review. July-August,1999 Pp.1-9.
- Prajneshu and R.Venugopalan(1999). Von Bertalanffy growth model in random environment. Canadian J.Fish.& Aquat.Sci.1999. 1026-30.
- M.Krishanan, P.S.Birthal and R.Venugopalan (1999). Consumer willingness to pay for seafood and domestic market development- The contingent valuation approach. Ind. Jn. of Agric. Econ., 54:566-72.
- R.Venugopalan and Prajneshu (2000). Pella-Tomlinson statistical model with autocorrelated errors. J.Ind.Soc.Ag.Statistics. 53(1): 12-19.
- E.Vivekanandan and R.Venugopalan (2001). Markov chain application to assess changes in threadfin bream species composition. Indian J.Fish., 49(3). 241-245.
- R. Venugopalan and K.S.Shamasundaran. (2003). Nonlinear regressions: A realistic modeling approach in horticultural crop research. J. Ind. Soc. Ag. Statistics.56:1-6.
- Shamasundaran, K.S., R.Venugopalan and K.P.Singh.(2003) Necessity of optimum sample size for yield estimation in floricultural crops. J.Orn.Hort.6(3):244-47.
- M.Mani, A.Krishnamoorthy, and R.Venugopalan (2004). Role of the Aphelinid Parasitoid Encarsia guadeloupae in the Suppression of the Exotic Spiralling Whitefly on Banana in India. Biocontrol Science and Technology, Canada (September 2004). Vol. 14. No.6. 619-622
- M.Mani, A.Krishnamoorthy, R.Venugopalan and G.L.Patter (2004). Biological control of exotic Spiralling Whitefly Aleurodicus disperses Russell on Guava by Encarsia (?) haitiensis Dozier and Encarsia guadeloupae Viggiani in India. Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems. Vol.10. No.1. pp 29-39.
- N.K.Krishnakumar, R.Venugopalan and P.N.Krishnamoorthy, (2004). A statistical modeling approach to study the influence of weather parameters on the leafminer in South India. Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems. Vol.10. No.1. pp 55-59.
- R.Venugopalan, 2004. On non-equilibrium surplus production model for stock assessment. In V.S.Somvanshi (Ed.) Large Marine Ecosystem: Exploration and Exploitation for sustainable Development and conservation of Fish Stocks. Fishery survey of India, Mumbai, pp.143-151.
- N.K.Krishnakumar, R.Venugopalan and P.N.Krishnamoorthy, B.Shivkumara and H.R.Ranganath (2004). Influence of weather parameters on the attraction of male egg plant shoot and fruit borer, Leucinodes orbonalis Guenee to synthetic sex pheromone in South India. Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems.10. No.1. pp 161-167
- R.Venugopalan and R.Veere Gowda (2005).Stability Analysis In Onion: A Statistical Look. J. Indian Soc. Coastal agric. Res., 23(2), 123-29
- R.Venugopalan and K.S.Shamasundaran (2005). Statistical model for evolving crop-logging technique in banana. Trop. Agric. (Trinidad), 82(1):25-29
- R. Venugopalan and Prajneshu (2006). Bootstrap estimation for nonequilibrium Schaefer surplus production model. Indian J. F. 53:115-118.
- Gopalakrishna Pillai,K and R. Venugopalan (2005). A statistical modeling approach for multiple analysis of Job performance. Indian Journal of Extension Education. 41 (3 & 4): 13-16.
- J.Satisha, G.S. Prakash and R. Venugopalan (2006). Statistical modeling of the effect of physio-biochemical parameters and water use efficiency of grape varieties, rootstocks and their stionic combinations under moisture stress conditions. Turk.J. Agric For. 30 (206): 261-271.
- NitaKhandekar, R. Venugopalan, M.R.Hegde, B.Balakrishna, S. George, Achala Paripurna, Shamasundaran, K.S(2006). Prioritization of Horticultural Technologies through Rank Based Quotients Technique. Environment & Ecology, 24S (4) : 1071-1074.
- R.Venugopalan, R.D.Rawal and A.K.Saxena (2006). A statistical model for ascertaining the influence and reliability of weather parameters on incidence of blossom blight in mango (Mangifera indica L.)Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 1(1):64-67
- K.S.Shamasundaran and R.Venugopalan (2006). Statistical modeling for pre-harvest forecast: an illustration with rose.Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 1(1):68-70.
- C.M.Kalleshwaraswamy, A.Verghese, H.R.Ranganath, N.K.Krishnakumar, M.R.Dinesh and R.Venugopalan (2007). Role of Transient Aphid Vectors on the Temporal Spread of Papaya Ringspot Virus in South India. Acta.Hort.,Journal of American Society for Horticultural Science740, ISHS PP 251-258.
- M.Mani, N.S.Kulkarni and R.Venugopalan (2007). Role of weather factors in the population fluctuation of the two spotted red spider mite Tetranchus Uraticae Koch (ACARI: Tetrany Chidae) on Grapewine. InternationalJ. Acarol.,16 (1&2): 47-49.
- Bindu Panicker, Pious Thomas, Tolety Janakiram, Rangarajan Venugopalan, and Sathyanarayana B. Narayanappa. (2007). Influence of cytokinin levels on in vitro propagation of shy suckering chrysanthemum “Arka Swarna” and activation of entophytic bacteria. 43(6). In Vitro Cellular and Developmental Biology – Plant. PP 614-622.
- Rawal, R.D., Venugopalan, R. and Saxena, A.K. (2008). A statistical model for describing the epidemiology of incidence of downy mildew in grapes. Acta Hort.Journal of American Society for Horticultural Science, (ISHS) 785:279-284.
- Rawal, R.D., Venugopalan, R. and Saxena, A.K. (2008). A statistical model for predicting the outbreak of powdery mildew in grapes. Acta Hort. International Society for Horticultural Science(ISHS) 785:293-296.
- Shikhamany, S.D., Somkuwar, R.G. and Venugopalan, R. (2008). Evaluation of canopy efficiency using leaf area index in thompson seedless vines.Acta Hort.,International Society for Horticultural Science (ISHS) 785:389-392.
- P.S. Swathi Lekshmi, R. Venugopalan and Padmini K (2008). Livelihood Analysis using Wealth Ranking Tool of PRA. Indian Res. J. Ext. Edu. 8 (2&3): 75-77
- Mani, M., Visalakshy, P.N. Ganga, Krishnamoorthy, A. and Venugopalan, R.(2008). Role of Coccophagus sp. in the suppression of the soft green scale Coccus viridis (Green) (Hompoptera: Coccidae) on sapota, Biocontrol Science and Technology,18:7,721 — 725.
- Jayanthi, P. D. K, Verghese, A. and Venugopalan, R. (2008). Studies on the role and reliability of weather factors on incidence of sapota bud borer, Anarsia achrasella (Vill.). Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems.14(2):133-139.
- Venugopalan, R., KRM Swamy and M.K. Chandra Prakash, 2008. Augmented BIB Design-an alternative statistical design in germplasm evaluation trials, Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 3(1): 84-88.
- Sujatha A. Nair, Sujatha, K. and Venugopalan, R. 2009. Influence of pruning time on enhancing the yield and quality of Jasminum sambac flowers during off-season. Indian J. Agric. Sci., 79 (11): 857-60.
- Tul Bahadur Poon, T. M. Rao, D. P. Kumar, R. Venugopalan, M. V. Dhananjaya(2009). Study on Floral Biology of Gladiolus Genotypes. Nepal Journal of Science and Technology.10: 37-43.
- Venugopalan, R., and Pitchaimuthu, M. (2009). Statistical models for stability analysis in watermelon, Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 4(2):153-157
- Swathi Lekshmi, P S and Venugopalan, R and Padmini, K (2009) P R A methods for studying the impact of technology adoption in crop and poultry enterprises in a rural village.Indian Journal of Social Research , 50 (1). pp. 1-14.
- Meena,K.,Pratheepa,M.,Subramaniam,K.R.,Venugopalan,R. and Bheemanna,H. 2009. A Gini Index Based Decision Tree Analysis for Predicting the Occurrence of the pest, Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) and its Natural Enemies on Cotton. International Journal of Information Technology and Management Research, 1(2), July-December, 2009, pp. 67-76.
- S. H. Jalikop, R. Venugopalan and R. Kumar (2010). Association of fruit traits and aril browning in pomegranate (Punica granatum L.). Euphytica (2010) 174:137–141.
- Meena, K., Pratheepa, M., Subramaniam, K. R., Venugopalan, Rand Bheemanna H (2010). A Decision Tree Induction Approach to Study the Population Dynamics of Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) and its Natural Enemies on Cotton. Engineering and Computer Science. 2010, pp580–586.
- K.Srinivas,V.V., Sulladmath,R. Palaniappan and R. Venugopalan(2010).Plant Water Relations, Yield and Nutrient Content of Passion Fruit in Relation to Evaporation Replenishment and Fertigation. Indian Journal of Horticulture (2010). Vol. 67, No. 3. PP 1–6.
- Pratheepa,M., Meena K., Subramaniam K.R., Venugopalan R., Bheemanna H (2010). Seasonal population fluctuations of cotton bollworm,Helicoverpa armigera (Hübner) in relation to biotic and abiotic environmental factors at Raichur, Karnataka, India. Journal of Biological Control. 2010. 24(1).pp.47-50.
- R.Venugopalan (2010). Application of statistical principles for evolving crop-logging models in banana (cv Ney Poovan). Tropical Agriculture, 87(1), pp. 29-32
- Kumar, Sudhir, Rao, Venugopalan, R, V K , Nair, AK and Chithiraichelvan, R (2010). NPKRequirement for Annatto (Bixa orellana L.)Seed Yield and Bixin Content. Indian Journal of Agroforestry, 12 (2):48-51.
- Pratheepa,M., Meena,K.,Subramaniam,K.R.,Venugopalan,R.,Bheemanna,H (2011). A decision tree analysis for predicting the occurrence of the pest, Helicoverpa armigera and its natural enemies on cotton based on economic threshold level. Current Science, VOL. 100, NO. 2, 25 pp 238-46.
- Vijay Kumar, Shreekant Kesari, Krishna Kumari, B. Krishnakumari,R. Venugopalan, and Pradeep Das (2011). Comparison of In Vivo Host Animals as Blood-Feeding Source for Laboratory Rearing of the Sandfly Vector Phlebotomus argentipes (Diptera: Psychodidae). Annals of the Entomological Society of America. 104 (3).pp. 429-433.
- R.Venugopalan and R.D.Rawal(2011).Effect of outliers in statistical modelling for predicting the outbreak ofanthracnose in grapes. Indian J. Agric. Sci., 81(10): 61-63.
- H. P. Sumangala, K. Manivannan, A. S. Sidhu and R. Venugoplan (2011).Molecular characterization of senecio species using RAPD markers. Plant Archives. 11(2): 657-660.
- H. P. Sumangala, K. Manivannan, A. S. Sidhu and R. Venugoplan (2011).Evaluation of senecio species of northern parts of western ghats. Plant Archives. 11(2): 711-718.
- Pratheepa,M., Meena,K., Subramaniam,K.R., Venugopalan,R., Bheemanna,H (2011). Neural-network Classifier for the Prediction of Occurrence of Helicoverpa Armigera (hübner) and its Natural Enemies.Journal of Biological Control.25(2):134-42
- Prakash, K., Pitchaimuthu, M., Venugopalan, R., Hongal, Shivanand and Jainag, K. (2011). Variability, heritability and genetic advancesstudies in okra [Abelmoschus esculentus (L.) Moench], Asian J. Hort., 6 (1) : 124-127.
- Rekha, A, M.R.Dinesh, R.Venugopalan and B.N.S. Murthy (2011). Genetic correlation and cluster analysis in sapota (Manilkara zapota). Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 6(2): 101-104.
- Rajiv Kumar, Deka, B.C, War,M and R.Venugopalan (2012). Response of exotic gerbera under low cost poly house and shade net in sub-ropical mid hills of Meghalaya. Indian J. of Agricultural Sciences., 82 (6):543-47. NAAS rating 6.6
- R Venugopalan and K Madhavi Raddy (2010). Stability analysis for fruit yield and attributing traits in chilli.Veg.Sci.37 (2): 141-145.NAAS 3.7
- Rajiv Kumar, Deka, B.C, and R.Venugopalan (2012).Genetic variability and trait association studies in gerbera (Gerbera jamesonii)for quantitative traits. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 82 (7): 615–19
- K.Srinivas and R.Venugopalan (2012).Response Surface Models in High Density Mango Under Fertigation.The IUP Journal of Life Sciences, 6(1): 7-13.
- Kumar Sudhir, Venugopalan R, Rao V.K., Nair A.K., Chithiraichelvan R (2012).Requirement of major nutrients for annatto (Bixa orellana L.) seed yield and bixin content.Indian Journal of Horticulture,69(3):399-403.
- Pavan Kumar, Janakiram,T, Kumar,D.P and Venugopalan,R (2011). Correlation studies in Heliconia genotypes. Journal of Ornamental Horticulture, 14(1&2): 21-23.
- Varun S.Amingad, Manjunathrao, T, Bhanuprakash,K, Kumar,D.P, Dhananjaya,M.V and Venugopalan, R (2011). Enzymatic changes associated with dissipation of dormancy in Gladiolus corms. Journal of Ornamental Horticulture, 14(1&2): 70-74.
- Pavan Kumar, Janakiram,T, Kumar,D.P and Venugopalan,R (2011). Genetic variability studies in Heliconia cultivars. Journal of Ornamental Horticulture, 14(3&4): 10-13.
- H. P. Sumangala, K. Manivannan, A. S. Sidhu and R. Venugoplan (2012).Characterization of four Senecio species based on visual morphological descriptors. Progressive Horticulture, 44(1):9-14.
- Poonam Kumari, Manjunatha Rao, T. Dhananjaya,M,V, Rajiv Kumar, Venugopalan, R and Seetharamu, G.K. (2102). Hybridization for developing Fusarium wilt resistance genotypes in gladiolous. Crop Improvement (Special Issue): 279-280.NAAS rating 3.7.
- George, S., Venugopalan, R., Balakrishna, B., & Hegde, M. R. (2012). Training Variables Influencing Training Outcome. Journal of Extension systems.12(2):35-43.NAAS rating 3.2.
- Selvakumar,G; Joshi, Piyush; Suyal, Preeti; Mishra, P.K; Joshi, G.K; Venugopalan, R; Bisht, J.K; Bhatt, J.C; Gupta, H.S (2013). Rock phosphate solubilization by psychrotolerant Pseudomonas spp. and their effect on lentil growth and nutrient uptake under polyhouse conditions.Annals of Microbiology63:1353–1362.
- G.S. Ravi, R.Venugopalan, K. Padmini and D.M. Gowda (2013). Nonparametric measures for assessing yield stability in cucumber. International Journal of Agricultural and Statistical Sciences.9(1):365-371. NAAS rating 6.1.
- Devi, B. Nightingale, M. Krishnan, R. Venugopalan and B.K. Mahapatra, 2013. Artificial Neural Network Model for Synergy Analysis of Input Markets in Ornamental Fish Trade in Mumbai, Agricultural Economics Research Review, 26(1):83-90.NAAS rating 4.7.
- N Vijay, R Venugopalan, A Srinivasaraghavan (2013). The influence and reliability of weather parameters on incidence of downy mildew in grapes. BIOINFOLET – A Quarterly Journal of Life Sciences,10(3a): 848- 850.NAAS rating 4.2
- N Vijay, R Venugopalan, A Srinivasaraghavan (2013). Association among weather parameters and incidence of downy mildew in grapes. BIOINFOLET – A Quarterly Journal of Life Sciences,10(3a): 804- 807.NAAS rating 4.2
- Vasugi, C., Sekar, K., Dinesh, M. R., and Venugopalan, R (2013). Studies on genetic divergence in unique indigenous mango accessions of Western Ghats. International Journal of Current Research, 5(9): 2494-99.
- Panneerselvam, P., Saritha,B; Sukhada, M; Upreti,KK; Poovarasan,S; Sulladmath,VV and Venugopalan,R (2013).Effect of mycorrhiza-associated bacteria on enhancing colonization and sporulation of Glomus mosseae and growth promotion in sapota (Manilkara achras (Mill) Forsberg) seedlings. Biological Agriculture & Horticulture. 29(2): 118-131.NAAS score: 6.38
- Varun S.Amingad, Manjunathrao, T, Venugopalan, R, Kumar,D.P, Dhananjaya,M.V and Bhanuprakash,K, (2013). Effect of temperature and storage period on breaking dormancy in various gladiolus genotypes. Journal of Horticultural Sciences,8(1): 114-17.
- R.Hanumanthaiah, R.Venugopalan, D.M.Gowda, K.Padmini, V. Manjunath, G.B.Mallikarjuna and S.Thippeswamy (2014). Statistical models to identify significant crop-logging parameters influencing crop-yield across various growth stages in brinjal. Indian Journal of Agricultural Science.84(5): 664-668.
- Muralidhara B. M., Reddy Y. T. N., Venugopalan R., Akshitha H. J., Shivprasad M. K (2014).Effect of VA Mycorrhiza on seedling growth and vigour of mango.BIOINFOLET,11(2(b)):536-538.
- D. Lokeshwari, M. Hayat, N. K. Krishna Kumar, H. Manjunatha and R. Venugopalan (2014). First Occurrence of the Aphid Parasitoid, Aphelinus basilicus (Hymenoptera: Aphelinidae), on Aphis gossypii (Hemiptera: Aphididae) Color Forms in India. Florida Entomolgist,97(2): 809–813.
- R.Chithiraichelvan, Ravindra Kumar, S. Ganesh and R.Venugopalan (2013). Simple models for non-destructive leaf area prediction in fig (Ficus carica L.) cv. Deanna and Poona. Indian Journal of Arid Horticulture,8(1-2):10-15.
- D. Lokeshwari, A. Verghese, S. Shivashankar, N.K. Krishna Kumar,H. Manjunatha and R. Venugopalan (2014). Effect of Aphis odinae ( Hemiptera: Aphididae) Infestation on Sugars and Amino Acid Content in mango. African Entomology22(4):823-827.
- R.Venugopalan and N. Vijay (2015). Nonlinear Logistic Model for Describing Downy Mildew Incidence in Grapes. J. of Indian Soc., of Agri., Stat.,69(1):19-25.
- Venugopalan, R. 2015, Yield prediction in banana (Musa × paradisiaca) (cv Grand Naine) by ANN models. The Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 85(6): 859-60.
- Gayatri,K, Rajiv Kumar, G.K. Seetharamu, T. Manjunatha Rao, M.V. Dhananjaya, R.Venugopalan and K.Padmini (2015). Character association and path coefficient analysis among quantitative traits in China aster (Callistephus chinensis). Current Horticulture. 3(1): 35-40.
- Sujatha Nair and R. Venugopalan (2016): Stability analysis of nutrient scheduling for lean season flowering in Arabian jasmine (Jasminum sambac). Indian J of Agri. Sciences, 86(3): 321-325.
- M.R. Dinesh, C. Vasugi and R. Venugopalan (2014). Genetic variability in some Indian mango cultivars and hybrids. J. Hortl. Sci. 9(2):113-116.
- Gayatri, K, Rajiv Kumar, G.K. Seetharamu, T. Manjunatha Rao, M.V. Dhananjaya, R.Venugopalan and K.Padmini (2014). Genetic Variability for Quantitative Traits in China Aster [Callistephus chinensis (L.) Nees. J. Hortl. Sci.9(2):141-144.
- S.C. Kotur, P.R. Ramesh and R. Venugopalan(2014). Evaluating direct feeding of de-navelled banana bunch with nutrients for enhancing fruit quality, yield and nutrient content. J. Hortl. Sci. 9(2):166-171.
- S.D. Shikhamany, Sanjay K. Jeughale, Kailas N. Khapre and R. Venugopalan (2015). Variation in relation between yield and yield attributes in ‘Thompson Seedless’ grape and its clones. J. Hortl. Sci. 10(1):8-12.
- V. Srilatha, Y.T.N. Reddy, K.K. Upreti, R. Venugopalan, and H.L. Jayaram (2016). Responses of pruning and paclobutrazol in mango (Mangiferaindica L.): changes in tree vigour, flowering and phenols. J. Applied Hort. 11(2). 871-878.
- R. Venugopalan, M.R. Dinesh and T. Janakiram (2016). PG Education at IIHR: Present Status and Future Prospects. Indian Horticulture. 61(3):23-24.
- V. Sridhar, L. S. Vinesh, M. Jaya Shankar and R. Venugopalan (2016). Climex Based Spatio-Temporal Analysis For Predicting The Number of Generations of Spodoptera Litura (Fabricius) (Lepidoptera: Noctuidae) Under Climate Change Scenario. The Bioscon., An International Quarterly Journal of Life Sciences. 11(2): 871-878.
- Sujatha A. Nair and R. Venugopalan (2016). Stability analysis of nutrient scheduling for lean season flowering in Arabian jasmine (Jasminum sambac). Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 86(3): 321–325.
- A.N. Ganeshamurthy, V Ravindra, R Venugopalan, Malarvizhi Mathiazhagan, RM Bhat (2016). Biomass Distribution and Development of Allometric Equations for Non-Destructive Estimation of Carbon Sequestration in Grafted Mango Trees. Journal of Agricultural Science, 8(8): 201-211.
- R Ashokan, V. Sridhar R. Venugopalan and Y.G. Prasad(2016).Tutaabsoluta in India . Proceedings of International ICE Symposium on Global Spread and Management of the South American Tomato Leafminer, Tutaabsoluta. Pp1-6.
- B Arunkumar, HB Lingaiah, TH Singh, R Venugopalan, K Jyothi (2017). Line× tester analysis for the study of combining ability in eggplant (Solanum melongena L.). Environment and Ecology, 35 (2B),1136-1141.
- R Kiran Kumar, S Jaganath, TR Guruprasad, CK Narayana, AN Balakrishna, R Venugopalan, S Anilkumar (2017). Studies on Plant Density and Integrated Nutrient Management for Growth, Yield, Quality and Shelf Life of Guava cv. Lalit in Rainy Season. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci, 5(2): 354-366.
- Soumya K, Krishnamoorthy, A, Prakash Patil, Venugopalan R and M G Venkatesha (2017). Forecasting the incidence of jackfruit shoot and fruit borer Diaphania caesalis Walker (Pyralidae: Lepidoptera) in Jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.) ecosystems. Journal of Entomology and Zoology Studies; 5(1): 483-487.
- Veluru Bhargav, Rajiv Kumar, K.S. Shivashankara, T. Manjunatha Rao, M.V. Dhananjaya, Anuradha Sanec, T. Usha Bharathi, R. Venugopalan and T.K. Roy (2018). Diversity of flavonoids profile in China aster [Callistephus chinensis (L.) Nees.] genotypes. Industrial Crops and Products. 111: 513–519.
- Multi-disciplinary group member for releasing a gladiolus variety Arka Naveen: Released (for flower quality) and germplasm IIHR-5 of gladiolus (INGR 10067) as collaborator with breeder.
- Gold medalist during B.Sc Statistics (Hons) at St. Joseph’s college, Trichy
- ICAR research fellowship for pursuing M.Sc (Agril. Stat) and Ph.D (Agril. Stat) at IASRI, New Delhi during 1991-93 and 1993-96, respectively.
- Recognized scientific personal for student guidance/evaluation at UAS, UHS, APHU, NIMHANS, Jain University and CSB
- Guided as Chairman 4 M.Sc (Stat) students at UAS (B) and member for 80 students in the division of Horticulture, Soil Science, and Statistics.
- Editor for Journal of Horticultural Sciences, Bangalore
- Nodal person for SAS and PIMS, ICAR Chairman PG Education for Monitoring & Implementation of IARI-IIHR Ph.D (Hort. & PHT) program
Principal Scientist (Agril. Stat), Division of Social Sciences and Training, IIHR, Bangalore-89