Development of transgenic pomegranate cv. Bhagwa for bacterial wilt resistance ; Agrobacterium and Biolistic mediated transgenic (Ongoing)
- To develop regeneration protocol in pomegranate for application in generating transgenics, using explants of both mature and juvenile.
- To transform cv Bhagwa with AMP and PFLP genes and study transformation and expression and to test transformants for expression of gene
- To field test the transgenic disease resistant plants and release them in farmers field
Dr T R Usharani
Dr Leela sahijram
- Pomegranate regeneration using cotyledonary explants has been standardized and transformation with Ace – AMP1 initiated
- Pomegranate regeneration using petal and leaf explants are in progress.