Agri Business Incubation
ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research
The Agri Business Incubation at the ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (ICAR-IIHR), Bangalore is a facility of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) established to Commercialize technologies of IIHR, nurture Horticulture technology based Ventures, Start-ups and Horti –business consultancy through incubation.
- Identify innovations with a potential for commercial application &facilitate technology innovations &protection process.
- Facilitate business process development & market potential for Institute’s technologies.
- Facilitate the process of technology up scaling & incubation till take off.
- To commercialize institute’s technologies through incubationby rendering supportfor horticultural production systems
- To develop ‘Enterprise and Entrepreneurship’ in horticultural production systems
- Capacity building and imparting consultancy skills for horticultural crop based enterprises.
Why a Agri Business Incubation (ABI)?
- Agri Business Incubation is a gateway to the huge Scientific, Technological and Infrastructural resources of Horticulturethat are readily available at IIHR.
- These resources can be accessed quickly and with low transaction costs through the ABI’ pre-negotiated standard contracts, confidentially with intellectual property agreements.
- The ABI will also provide incubation services for Individual entrepreneurs, Start- Ups and Companies seeking reliable advice, Consultancy on all verticals of Horticulture, access to infrastructure facilities, Business development, market access, financial services, mentoring, networking and partnerships with the institute.
Guidelines to become IIHR incubatee
Mushroom incubation charges
Agri Business Incubation offering
The Agri Business Incubation offers exciting opportunities in the emerging fields of for Horti-business across the value chains from Technology Transfer, access to infrastructure, Business Development service, Training, financial assistance through production, processing and marketing assistance in several thrust areas namely.
- Seed & Planting Material
Improved varieties, hybrids having multiple disease resistance and high yield in crops like vegetables, fruits, medicinal and ornamental crops developed by institute.
Lines with special traits like male sterility available.
In the last ten years institute has licensed to more than 73 seed companies
- Plant Health Management
Safe and cost effective plant health management technologies to promote sustainable plant health management are offered - Biopesticides, Micronutrients, Botanical formulations, Pheromone traps and Bio fertilizers
- Post-Harvest Technologies
Processed products like fruit bar, osmotically dehydrated products, ready to serve (RTS) beverages, crushed tomato, squashes,wines, dry flower, mushroom products available.
- Farm Machinery & Implements
Designs available for licensing;
Nursery Machinery : - Rooting MediaMixing Cum Filling Machine - Automatic Dibbler Cum Vaccum Seeder ,Sowing and transplanting: - Onion Drum Seeder - Broad Bed FormerCumVegetableSeedling Transplanter
Fruit harvesters: - Mango, Sapota and Lime Harvester - Tractor Drawn Hydraulic Platform for Harvesting and Pruning ; Mango processing: Raw Mango Peeler, Slicer and Cube Cutter
Mushroom spawn production: Motorized Grain Cleaner, Grain Boiler, Grain and Chalk Powder Mixer, Bag Filling Machine and Bulk Spawn Inoculators
Fruit and Vegetable vending van
Arka High Humidity Storage Box
Embryogenic cell suspensions for mass multiplication of banana (cv Elakki bale)
On-Site Ready To Fruit (RTF) bag production Incubation
Agri–Business Incubation Services
Technology: Technology Information, Access & Training
Business Development Services:Navigating regulatory Requirements, Standards and Compliance, Product/Process /Human Resource development &Management
Facilitate Marketing Assistance: Promotion through trade fairs, exhibition and Industry meet
Facilitate Finance: Bankable proposal/ Angel Investors Finance Management Skills
On- Site incubation
Technology: Technology Information, Access & Training
Infrastructure: Access to office, Production, Storage &Lab space
Business Development ServicesNavigating regulatory Requirements, Standards and Compliance.
Technical advice on packing product /process/ Human Resources development &Management.
Facilitate Marketing Assistance: Help Market through ATIC (if it’s in demand)
Promotion trough trade fairs, exhibition and Industry meet.
Facilitate Finance:Bankable proposal/ Angel Investors Finance Management Skills
The ICAR- Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR), a constituent Institute of Indian Council of Agricultural Research (ICAR) is a premier horticultural institute inIndia. The institute has a sprawling campus of 266 ha experimental land and with excellent state of the art infrastructure facilities for conducting basic as well as applied research on horticultural crops. These facilities coupled with a pool of talented experienced scientific and technical human resource makes the Institute a premier organization for research, teaching and extension in all branches of Horticulture Science.
Business Planning and Development /Agri Business Incubation
ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR),
Hessaraghatta Lake Post, Bengaluru-560089, Karnataka, India
Tel: 080-284666420-23 Ext: 431, 080-28466373