- Survey and homology search of abiotic stress responsive genes.
- Isolation of stress responsive genes from hardy species
- Selection of genes for stacking and vector construction for plant transformation.
- Transgenic development and molecular characterization
- Evaluation for abiotic stress tolerance selection of elite lines
R.H.Laxman, V. Radhika
- A novel vacuolar pyrophosphatase gene (PjVP1) was cloned from the hardy species of Prosopis juliflora. Functional analysis of this gene is being carried out.