(During the Period of 2019-2023)
Inventor for the technology “Arka Mealy melt” -A first of its kind wax degrading formulation. Dissolves the ‘mealybug wax’ covering its body that hinders insecticide penetration. Associated in the development of two less bitter pummelo varieties ‘Arka Chandra’,‘Arka Anantha’ and the avocado variety ‘Arka Ravi’ at ICAR-IIHR. Developed integrated pest management for Jamun eulophid seed borer Anselmella kerrichii (Hymenoptera: Eulophidae). Identified the Kairomones for the predatory midge (mealybug predator) Triommata coccidivora. Profiling of waxes from different mealybug species was studied. Reported the occurrence of Conopomorpha sinensis Bradley, 1986 (Lepidoptera: Gracillariidae) on litchi (Litchi chinensis) in India for the first time. Through host plant resistance identified the feeding antexenosis in the wild Solanum genotypes of brinjal against ash weevil, Myllocerus subfasciatus. Identified the male aggregation pheromonal compounds from the conspecific volatiles of ash weevils, M. subfasciatus. Joint special survey conducted in collaboration with Central Integrated Pest Management Centre (CIPMC),DPPQ&S, Bangalore on incidence of mango nut weevil Sternochetus mangiferae and mango pulp weevil,Sternochetus frigidus in Karnataka.
Technology developed :
Arka Mealymelt - a product that dissolves mealybug wax
Arka Anantha – Less bitter pommelo variety
Arka Chandra- Less bitter pommelo variety
Arka Ravi-Avocado variety
(Best 10/High Impact)
- Jayanthi Mala B. R, S. V. Krishnamoorthy, P. Saravan Kumar, T. H. Singh, K. S. Shivashanakara and P. D. Kamala Jayanthi. 2023. Wild Solanum species exhibit feeding antixenosis against ash weevil, Myllocerus subfasciatus Guerin-Meneville (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). Current Science ,24(1): 63-72
- Jayanthi Mala B. R, Kamala Jayanthi P. D, Shabharish P. Rai, Shashank P. R, Sudhagar S, Raghava T and Nagaraju T. 2017. Occurrence of Conopomorpha sinensis Bradely,1986 (Lepidoptera:Gracillaridae) on Litchi (Litchi chiennesis) in India. The Pan-Pacific Entomologist, 93(4):1-5
- P.D. Kamala Jayanthi, Anjana Subramoniam, A. Rekha, B. R. Jayanthi Mala. 2019. Eulophid seed borer, Anselmella kerrichi (Narayanan et al.; Hymenoptera), an emerging pest of Jamun. Current Science, Vol.117, No.6 pp. 922-924
- Kamala Jayanthi P. D, Anjana Subramoniam, P. Saravan Kumar, B. R. Jayanthi Mala and A. Rekha, 2021. Do conspecific herbivores track resource depletion through host phenology-specific HIPVs?. Current Science, Vol. 121, No. 2,286-293
- Sunil Joshi1, Haseena Bhaskar, V.S. Aashiq Poon, B.R. Jayanthi Mala P.D. Kamala Jayanthi Sachin G. Pai, Sachin V. Thite, Ajay K. Sood, Santosh C. Kedar, V. Sridhar, K.B. Deepthy,Omprakash Navik, & R.R. Rachana, 2021. Occurrence and spread of Ceroplastes cirripediformis Comstock (Hemiptera: Coccomorpha: Coccidae) in India. Zootaxa 5039 (4): 561–570
- Jayanthi Mala B. R, Krishnamoorthy S. V, Kamala Jayanthi P.D, Sathiah N, Uma Maheshwari R. 2022. Efficacy of bio-rational insecticides and entomopathogenic nematodes (EPNs) against ash weevil, Myllocerus subfasciatus Guerin-Meneville (Coleoptera: Curculionidae). Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, 28 (1): 83-87
- Jayanthi Mala B R, Kamala Jayanthi PD, Nagaraja T and Bhat PS,2020. Monitoring tea mosquito bug, Helopeltis antonii Signoret (Homoptera: Miridae) using sticky traps on drumstick, Moringa oleifera Lam. Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, 26(2): 279-281
- Jayanthi Mala B. R, P. D. Kamala Jayanthi, Anjana Subramoniam and Rekha A. 2019. Management of Eulophid seed borer, Anselmella keriichi (Narayanan et al.,) (Hymenoptera:Chalcidoidea: Eulophidae) on Jamun. Journal or Horticulture Sciences, Vol. 14(2):166-168
- Jayanthi Mala B. R, P. D. Kamala Jayanthi, Prathibha Nighot, V. Sankar and V. Mahajan,2016. Factors influenceing the varietal preference of onion thrips, Thrips tabaci under storage conditions. Indian Journal of plant protection Vol.44.No.3pp
- P C Tripathi, G Karunakaran, V Sankar, B R Jayanthi Mala and S Sunanda., 2016. Flowering behaviour of avocado (Persea americana) genotypes in humid tropical region of India. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences 86 (12): 1601–5
- Abraham Verghese, MA Rashmi, S Deepak and B R Jayanthi Mala. (2021). Plant Health and Phytosanitary clinics (PHPC) as Agri-entrepreneurship. Entrepreneurship Opportunities in Agriculture PP 9-15
- Abraham Verghese, B. R. Jayanthi Mala, and M. A. Rashmi. (2022). Managing Major Insect Pests of Mango in the Southern Coastal Belts of India. Springer Nature Switzerland AG 2022 T. D. Lama et al. (eds.), Transforming Coastal Zone for Sustainable Food and Income Security, ISBN 978-3-030-95617-2 pp 165-180,
- Abraham Verghese, M.A. Rashmi and B.R. Jayanthi Mala (2023). Insect Disinfection and Quarantine. In Managing post harvest quality and losses in horticultural crops. Chadha KL and Pal RK (Eds), 2nd Revised and Enlarged Edition, Daya Publishing House® A Division of Astral International Pvt. Ltd. New Delhi-110 002, India, ISBN 978-93-5461-960-1 (HB), pp. 141-156
- Elango Kothanasamy, P. Arunkumar, Jayanthi Mala B R, Kumar D, and Raj R. (2020). Integrated Pest Management in Vegetable Seed Production. In book: A Text Book on Vegetable Seed Production ISBN 978-93-53870-0000 pp.473-510.Publisher: Satish Serial Publishing House, New Delhi
- ICAR- Junior Research Fellow for MSc studies during 2003
- Awarded Dr. G. S. Randhawa outstanding Doctoral thesis research in Horticulture for the thesis entitled “ Behavioural, Chemical ecology and bio-rational interventions for the management of ash weevil, Myllocerus subfasciatus Guerrin-Meneville (Coleoptera: Curculionidae) for the year 2022-2023 from Society for Promotion of Horticulture, ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research, Bengaluru.
- Awarded Dr. Vasantharaj David Young Agricultural Scientist award for the year 2021 for the commendable contribution towards pest management in horticultural crops and wax degrading formulation
- Best Oral Presentation award during 3 days International Conference on “Advances in Agricultural, Veterinary and allied Sciences for Improving Livelihood and Environmental Security (AAVASILES-2022) held in Srinagar from September 28- 30, 2022.
- Best Oral Presentation award during the ‘ 5th National Symposium on Plant Protection in Horticulture (NSPPH2021): Challenges and a Roadmap ahead’ held at ICAR – IIHR, Bengaluru from 27th – 29th December 2021.
- Best Oral Presentation award during Golden Jubilee International Conference Global perspectives in crop protection for food security. organized by TNAU, Coimbatore from December 8-10, 2021
- Best Poster Presentation award during the 3rd National Conference Recent advances in crop protection including IPM and environmental sciences from GLP perspectives, were held on 17th October 2021 in Chennai