Division of Vegetable Crops
Ph.D. in Horticulture
(During the Period of 2019-2023)
- Release of Goa Bhendi-1 during 2019 for the state of Goa through SVRC.
- Recommended for release of pole dolichos varieties viz., Arka Krishna and Arka Vistar for the state of Karnataka through SVEC during 2023.
- During 2021, AICRP Vegetable Crops recommended pole dolichos variety Arka Pradhan for release for Zone-IV through CVRC.
- Arka Priya (Garden Pea) is accepted for release for Zone-I, IV and VIII during 2023 through CVRC.
Varieties / Technologies Developed:
- Amaranthus-Goa Tambdi Bhaji-1
- Bhendi-Goa Bhendi-1
- Brinjal-Goa Brinjal-1, Goa Brinjal-2, Goa Brinjal-3 and Goa Brinjal-4
- Indian Bean (Pole type)-Arka Krishna, Arka Vistar and Arka Pradhan
- Garden Pea-Arka Priya
- Thangam, M., and S.Thamburaj (2008). Comparative Performance of varieties and hybrids of tomato under shade and open. Indian J. Hort. 65(4): 429-433.
- Thangam, M., M.S.Ladaniya and V.S.Korikanthimath (2009). Performance of Gerbera varieties in different growing media in naturally ventilated polyhouse under coastal humid conditions of Goa. Indian J. Hort. 66(1): 79-82.
- Thangam, M.,Tanvi Sawant, S Priya Devi, S A Safeena, K Ramachandrudu and N.P.Singh (2016). A study on phylogenetic relationship among Heliconia and related genera. Indian J. Hort. 73(4):557-563.
- Thangam.M and D.Veeraragavatham (2006). Stability analysis for Tomato Leaf Curl Virus (TLCV) resistance in tolerant genotypes of tomato by Additive Main Effects and Multiplicative Interaction (AMMI) model. Veg. Sci. 33(2): 122-125.
- Thangam, M. and D.Veeraragavathatham (2006). Reaction of segregating populations for Tomato Leaf Curl Virus (TLCV) resistance by artificial screening in Tomato. Veg. Sci.33 (1): 98-100.
- Thangam, M., Safeena, SA, Priya Devi, S. And N.P.Singh (2014). Performance of Heliconia-An Exotic cut flower crop as intercrop in Coconut under Coastal Climatic Conditions of Goa. J. Indian. Soc. Coastal Agri. Res. 32(2): 37-41.
- M.Thangam, J. Auxcilia and D. Veeraragavathatham (2008). Association studies in tomato leaf curl virus (TLCV) tolerant genotypes in tomato. South Indian Hort.: 56:1-6.
- Thangam, M., K.Ramachandrudu, J.Ashok Kumar, SA.Safeena and S.Priya Devi (2020). Variability and Genetic Divergence in Vegetable Cowpea germplasm of Goa. J. Hort.Sci. Vol. 15(1): 45-51.
- Priya Devi.S, M.Thangam, A.R.Desai and P.G.Adsule (2002). Studies on variability in physico-chemical characters of different Jamun (Syzygium cumini) accessions from Goa. Indian J. Hort. 59(2): 153-156.
- Ramachandrudu.K, M.Thangam and V.S.Korikanthimath (2010). Performance of baby corn genotypes under high rainfall conditions of Goa. Indian J. Hort.:67(3): 414-417.
- Aghora, TS, M. Thangam and Naganagouda Patil (2023). Legume Vegetables for Human Nutrition and Entrepreneurship. Vegetables for Nutrition and Entrepreneurship. Brahma Singh and Pritam Kalia (Eds.). Springer Nature Singapore Pte Ltd. Singapore (ISBN 978-981-19-9015-1).
- Chakurkar, EB., Desai, AR., Thangam,M.,Manohara, KK., Shivasharanappa,N.,Gokuldas,PP.,Rajkumar, RS., Mahajan, GR., Susitha,R., Vishwanath Reddy, K., Sreekanth, GB., Das,P., Paramesha, V., Desai,S., Chethan Kumar, HB., Mayekar, T and Nayak, N (2020). Status of vegetable crops and production. In “Coastal Agricultural Resource Inventory: An overview and way forward” published by The Director, ICAR-CCARI, Goa.Pp.147-159 (ISBN-978-93-5406-829-4).
- Thangam, M. (2016). Propagation and Nursery Management of Vegetable Crops. In “Training Manual on Methods of Propagation in Horticultural Crops” The Director, ICAR-CCARI, Goa.Pp.28-31.
- Thangam, M. (2015). Status and Prospects of Vegetable cultivation in Goa. In “Silver Jubilee Souvenir 1989-2014” published by The Director, ICAR-CCARI, Goa. Pp.41-47.
- Safeena, SA, Maneesha, SR, M.Thangam and NP.Singh (Editors) (2016). Training Manual on Methods of Propagation in Horticultural Crops. In ´ Methods of Propagation in Horticultural Crops” published by The Director, ICAR-CCARI, Goa.Pp.1-48.
- Thangam, M., Safeena,SA.S.Priya Devi,K.Ramachandrudu (2013). Technology Options-Gerbera, Anthurium,Capsicum,baby corn, lilium, Gladiolus.In “Agricultural Technology Options” published by The Director, ICAR-CCARI, Goa.Pp.65-78.
- NP.Singh, M.Thangam, S.Priya Devi, AR.Desai, SA.Safeena and V.Arunachalam (2012). ICAR Research Complex for Goa. In “Farmer Friendly Technologies in Horticulture” published by The President, HSI, New Delhi.Pp.33-39.
- S.Priya Devi, M.Thangam, J.Ashok Kumar, K.Ramachandrudu and VS.Korikanthimath (2012). Prospects on natural diversity in Kokum-with respect to Processing and value addition. In “Resource Book on Kokum” published by Western Ghats Kokum Foundation, Panaji.Pp.12-18.
- Thangam, M. (2014). Status of vegetable cultivation in Goa and Research Achievements in Vegetable Crops 1989-2014. In “Research Achievement of 25 years, ICAR (RC), Goa” published by The Director, ICAR-CCARI, Goa.Pp.140-149.
- M.Thangam (2017). An introduction to Precision Farming in Horticultural Crops. In “Instruction material on Intensive Fruit Cultivation” published by The Director, ICAR-CCARI, Goa.Pp.6-10.
Awards & Recognitions:
- Fellow of Society for Applied Biotechnology during 2012
- Best Oral Presentation in National Conference on Management of Natural Resources for Our Sustenance during 2002.
- Best Poster Presentation in National Conference on Coastal Agricultural Research during 2002.
- Best Poster Award in 4th Indian Horticulture Congress during 2010.
- Certificate of Appreciation during 2018 during Foundation Day of CCARI, Goa.
- Certificate of Appreciation during 2019 during Foundation Day of CCARI, Goa.
- Chairperson of the session on Sustainability Intensification and Diversification in Agriculture during National Symposium during 2017.
- Co-chaired in technical session of Lead Paper Presentation in National symposium on Horticultural Crops during 2022.
Dr.M.Thangam S/o N.Muniappan H.No.14/82B, OPP to BDO Office Karimangalam- 635 111, Dharmapuri District Tamil Nadu
Address for Communication:
Q-202, Purva Venezia, Yelahanka New town, Bengaluru-64, Karnataka
080-23086100 Extn 256