Division of Basic Sciences
- Identified genotypes tolerant to deficit moisture stress in bottle gourd (BG-141, BG-122-5, BG-98-3,BG-119-2, BG-125-5-1, BG-64) and cucumber (IC-345635, IC-526627, IC-398523, IC-429942, IC-432030)
- Delinated the role of soybean seed coat wall bound phenolics as potential antioxidants to encounter ROS and promotion of seed longivity
- Ramesh, K. V., Paul, V. and Pandey, R. (2021). Dynamics of mineral nutrients in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruits during ripening: Part I—On the plant. Plant Physiology Reports. 26: 23-37.
- Ramesh, K. V., Paul, V. and Pandey, R. (2022). Dynamics of mineral nutrients in tomato (Solanum lycopersicum L.) fruits during ripening: part II—off the plant. Plant Physiology Reports. 26: 284-300.
- Sripathy K.V., Udaya Bhaskar K., Chandu Singh, Ramesh K.V., Govind Pal, Ashutosh Kumar, Jeevan Kumar S.P., Raja K., Umesh Kamble, Sanjay Kumar, Vijay and Kumar Garlapati. (2023). Interference of Nanoparticulates in seed invigoration of Green gram. Plant Physiology and Biochemistry. 195: 256-265.
- Sharma, L.K., Ramesh, K.V., Paul, V. and Pandey, R.K. (2020). Ripening index: a better parameter for colour based assessment of ripening behaviour of tomato fruits. Plant Physiology Reports. 25: 171-177.
- Kumar, S. J., Kumar, A., Ramesh, K. V., Singh, C., Agarwal, D. K., Pal, G., Kuchlan, M. K. and Singh, R. (2020). Wall bound phenolics and total antioxidants in stored seeds of soybean (Glycine max) genotypes. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 90(1): 118-222.
- Kumar, A., Ramesh, K.V., Singh, C., Sripathy, K.V., Agarwal, D.K., Pal, G., Kuchlan, M.K., Singh, R.K., Prabha, R. and Kumar, S.J. (2019). Bioprospecting nutraceuticals from soybean (Glycine max) seed coats and cotyledons. Indian Journal of Agricultural Sciences. 89(12): 2064-68.
- 7.Chandu Singh, Sripathy K.V., S.P. Jeevan Kumar, Bhojaraja Naik K., Govind Pal, Udaya Bhaskar K., Ramesh K.V. and Somasundaram G. (2017). Delineation of inheritance pattern of aleurone layer colour through biochemical tests in rice. Rice. 21, 48.
- 8.Kumar, S. J., Prasad, S. R., Banerjee, R., Agarwal, D. K., Kulkarni, K. S. and Ramesh, K. V. (2017). Green solvents and technologies for oil extraction from oilseeds. Chemistry Central Journal. 11: 1-7.
- 9.Chandu Singh, S. P. Jeevan Kumar, Sripathy K. V., Somasundaram G., Udaya bhaskar K., Ramesh K. V., Madan Kumar and S. Rajendra Prasad. (2017). Characterization and Identification of Rice Germplasm Accessions Using Chemical Tests. Seed Research. 45(1): 75-83.
- 10.Chandrakala, J. U., Chaturvedi, A. K., Ramesh, K. V., Rai, P., Khetarpal, S. and Pal, M. (2013). Acclimation response of signalling molecules for high temperature stress on photosynthetic characteristics in rice genotypes. Indian Journal of Plant Physiology. 18: 142-150.
- 1.Laxman RH, Ravishankar KV, Prasanna HC, Ramesh KV, Rashmi K, Kannan S, Hara Gopal K and Darshan SS. (2022). Physiological, Molecular and Genetic Analysis of Abiotic Stress Tolerance in Tomato. In: Genomic Designing for Abiotic Stress Resistant Vegetable Crops. Springer, Cham, pp. 1-47. (ISBN: 978-3-031-03964-5)
- 2.D.K. Agarwal, Udaya Bhaskar K., Sripathy, K.V., Vijayakumar H.P., Umesh R. Kamble, Govind Pal, Ramesh K.V. and S.P. Jeevan Kumar (2019). Indian Seed Statistics: Perspectives. ICAR - IISS, Mau, UP.
- 3.Paul, V., Pande, R., Ramesh, K.V. and Singh, A. (2012). Role of mineral nutrients in physiology, ripening and storability of fruits. In: Advances in Plant Physiology, Vol. 13, An International Treatise Series – Nutriophysiological and Molecular Interventions for Crop Improvement Under Changing Climate. Scientific Publishers (India), Jodhpur. pp. 56–96. (ISBN: 978-81-7233-798-8)
Awards & Recognitions:
1. Dr G.S. Sirohi Best Paper Award for the year 2021 by Plant Physiology Reports
080-23086100 Extn 239