Biochemistry, Stress Physiology, Biotechnology & Molecular Biology
Ph. D (Biochemistry)
Experience (No. of Years):
Major Scientific Contributions:
- Studied microbial bioagent role in the management of water stress.
- Studied role of water stress in amelioration of bioactive compounds in plants.
- Studied effect of water deficit stress on onion (Allium cepa L.).
- Studied biochemical basis of host-plant resistance to shoot and fruit borer in jackfruit.
- Studied of bioactive constituents of Garcinia indica (kokum) as a potential source of hydroxycitric acid, anthocyanin, and phenolic compounds.
- Studied different Allium accessions for allicin and other allyl thiosulphinates.
- Evaluated karonda, tamarind, jackfruit, bael accessions for their nutritional and biochemical constituents.
- Characterized codon optimised soybean phytase gene.
- Characterized AC4 gene of Tomato leaf curl virus (ToLCV).
A. Journal Articles:
- Pritee Singh*, T.K. Roy, C. Kanupriya, P.C. Tripathi, Prakash Kumar, K.S. Shivashankara (2022). Evaluation of bioactive constituents of Garcinia indica (kokum) as a potential source of hydroxycitric acid, anthocyanin, and phenolic compounds. LWT-Food Science and Technology, 156:112999. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.lwt.2021.112999. (*Corresponding author)
- Pritee Singh*, Vijay Mahajan, Ahammed Shabeer T.P, Kaushik Banerjee, Manjusha R. Jadhav, Prakash Kumar and Jai Gopal (2020). Comparative evaluation of different Allium accessions for allicin and other allyl thiosulphinates. Industrial Crops & Products, 147: 112215. (*Corresponding author)
- Tripathi, P.C. ,Kanupriya,C. Karunakaran, G. ,Shamina, A., Singh, P. and Radhika, V. (2020). Variability studies in avocado (Persia americana Mill.) using physico-chemical properties. Fruits, 75 (3): 115-122.
- Kanupriya C., Karunakaran G., and Singh P. (2020). A promising new tamarind selection - Lakshamana : Linking biodiversity and livelihood. Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 15(2): 221-224.
- Pritee Singh* and Jai Gopal (2019). Effect of water and salinity stress on germination and seedling characters in onion. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 76(2): 368-372. (*Corresponding author)
- Pritee Singh* and MA Suryanarayana (2019). Effect of Solvents and Extraction Methods on Forskolin Content from Coleus forskholii Roots. Indian Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences, 81(6): 1135-1139. (*Corresponding author)
- Kanupriya, C., Tripathi, P.C. , Pritee Singh, Venugopalan, R. and Radhika, V. (2019). Analysis of morphological, biochemical and molecular diversity in karonda (Carissa carandas L.) germplasm. Fruits, 74(3): 130–140.
- Karunakaran G. and Pritee Singh (2019). Jackfruit varieties serves niche for growers. Indian Horticulture, 64(2): 18- 19.
- Pritee Singh*, J. Jyothi, PV Rami Reddy and KS Shivashankara (2018). Biochemical basis of host-plant resistance to shoot and fruit borer, Diaphania caesalis Wlk. in jackfruit (Artocarpus heterophyllus Lam.). Pest Management in Horticultural Ecosystems, 24 (1): 8-14. (*Corresponding author)
- Pritee Singh* (2017). Characterization of the germination process of soybean [GLYCINE MAX L.] seeds with respect to the time sequence of changes in the major phosphorylated substances. J. Env. Bio-Sci., 31 (1):149-152. (*Corresponding author)
- Karunakaran, G. and Pritee Singh and H Ravishankar (2017). New Jackfruit for homesteads. Indian Horticulture, 62 (4): 46-48.
- Pritee Singh, Manasi Punjabi, Monica Jolly, RD Rai and Archana Sachdev (2013). Characterization and expression of codon optimized soybean phytase gene in E. Coli. Indian Journal of Biochemistry and Biophysics, 50: 537 to 547.
- Pritee Singh, Jolly M, Dubey N, Sachdev A (2011). Quantitative determination of phytate, inorganic phosphate, total Phosphorous and phytase activity in Indian Soybean varieties. Pusa AgriSci, 34:21-25.
B. Book Chapters:
- Kanupriya Chaturvedi, Pritee Singh and Rajesh Mehrotra. (2022). Application of omics technologies in tropical and subtropical fruit crops. In Omics in Horticultural Crops (pp. 119-145). Academic Press, ISBN 9780323899055. https://doi.org/10.1016/B978-0-323-89905-5.00027-6.
- G Karunakaran, PC Tripathi, Pritee Singh, M Arivalagan and S Sriram. (2021). Smart Fruits for 21st Century. In: Current Horticulture: Improvement, Production, Plant Health Management and Value-Addition. Balraj Singh, A.K. Singh, B.S. Tomar, J.K. Ranjan, Som Dutt (Eds.). Brillion Publishing, pp. 193-207.
Division of Basic Sciences
Address for Communication:
Division of Basic Sciences, ICAR-Indian Institute of Horticultural Research (IIHR),
Hessaraghatta Lake Post, Bengaluru, 560089, India
080-23086100 Extn 242