Areas of research work done in Fruits and vegetables
- Respiratory behaviour of fruits & vegetables under different storage conditions
- Post harvest treatments including quarantine treatments
- Pre-cooling and cold storage protocols for fruits & vegetables
- Modified atmosphere packaging (MAP)
- Controlled Atmosphere storage (CAS)
- Individual shrink wrapping
- Alleviation of chilling injury
- Regulation of ripening by ethylene inhibitors
- Edible coatings
- Low cost ripening of climacteric fruits
Respiratory behaviour of fruits and vegetables under different storage conditions Standardization of precooling and optimum storage temperatures for important fruits and vegetables Individual shrink wrapping of fruits and vegetables to extend storage life Modified atmosphere packaging of important fruits and vegetables Standardization of Controlled atmospheres for mango and banana for export purpose Standardization of post harvest treatments for extension of storage life of fruits and vegetables Alleviation of chilling injury of fruits and vegetables by CA storage, MA packing and Individual shrink wrapping Regulation of ripening in climacteric fruits by 1-MCP treatment Low cost ripening of fruits using ethylene gas released from liquid ethrel/ethephon
- Sudhakar, D.V. and Maini, S.B.(2000). Isolation and characterisation of mango peel pectins. Journal of Food Processing and Preservation. 24(3):209-227.
- K.N. Vishnu Prasanna, Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and Shantha Krishnamurthy (2000). Effect of storage temperature on ripening and quality of custard apple (Annona squmosa) fruits. J. Hort. Sci. & Biotech.,75(5): 546-550
- S.Nanda, Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and Shantha Krishnamurthy (2001). Effect of shrink film wrapping and storage temperature on the shelf life and quality of pomegranate fruits cv. Ganesh. Postharvest Biol. Technol., 22(1):59-67.
- Nakamura , N., Darisi Venkata Sudhakar Rao, Takeo Shiina, Yosihiko Nawa (2002). Respiration Properties of Tree-ripe Mango Fruit under CA condition. Journal of the Japan Association of Food Preservation Scientists, 28(3), 111-117
- Nakamura, N., D.V. Sudhakar Rao, T. Shilina and Y. Nawa (2003). Effect of temperature and gas composition on respiratory behaviour of tree-ripe “Irwin” mango. Acta Hort. No. 600: 425-429.
- Singh S.P. and Sudhakar Rao D.V. (2005). Effect of modified atmosphere packaging on the alleviation of chilling injury and dietary antioxidants levels in ‘Solo’ papaya during cold storage. European Journal of Horticultural Science, 70(5): 246-252.
- Chauhan, O.P., Raju, P.S, Dasgupta, D.K., Shylaja,R., Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and Bawa, A.S. (2006). Modified/controlled atmosphere storage of minimally processed mango slices (var. Arka anmol). American Journal of Food Technology, 1(2): 105-116
- D.V. Sudhakar Rao and K.P.Gopalakrishna Rao (2008). Controlled atmosphere storage of mango cultivars ‘Alphonso’ and ‘Banganpalli’) to extend storage-life and maintain quality. The Journal of Horticultural Science & Biotechnology, 83(3): 351-359. NAAS: J243: 6.46
- Niranjana P, , Gopalakrishna Rao KP, Sudhakar Rao DV and B Madhusudhan (2009). Effect of controlled atmosphere storage (CAS) on antioxidant enzymes and DPPH- radical scavenging activity of mango (Mangifera indica l.) cv. Alphonso. African Journal of Food Agricultural Nutrition and Development, 9(2): 779-792
- Niranjana P, , Gopalakrishna Rao KP, Sudhakar Rao DV and B Madhusudhan (2009). Effect of pre-cooling and heat treatment on antioxidant enzymes profile of mango and banana. African Journal of Food Agricultural Nutrition and Development, 9(5): 1210-1225.
- K Ranjitha, KS Shivashankara, DV Sudhakar Rao, HS Oberoi, TK Roy (2016). Improvement in shelf life of minimally processed cilantro leaves through integration of kinetin pretreatment and packaging interventions: Studies on microbial population dynamics, biochemical characteristics and flavour retention. Food Chemistry 221: 844–854 (NAAS: F038: 10.53)
- G. R. Karanjalker, K.V. Ravishankar, K.S. Shivashankara, M.R. Dinesh, T. K. Roy and D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2017). A Study on the Expression of Genes Involved in Carotenoids and Anthocyanins During Ripening in Fruit Peel of Green, Yellow, and Red Colored Mango Cultivars. Appl Biochem Biotechnol 184(1):140-154 (DOI 10.1007/s12010-017-2529-x ) (NAAS: A211: 7.61)
- K. Ranjitha, D.V. Sudhakar Rao, K.S. Shivashankara, Harinder Singh Oberoi, Tapas Kumar Roy, H. Bharathamma (2017). Shelf-life extension and quality retention in fresh-cut carrots coated with pectin Innovative Food Science and Emerging Technologies, 42: 91–100 (NAAS: I111: 8.57). doi: 10.1016/j.ifset.2017.05.013
- Gouri, S.B., H.C. Krishna, T.H. Shankarappa, K.N. Sreenivas, G.K. Sadananda, D.V. Sudhakar Rao and Shamina Azeez. (2017). Effect of 1-Methylcyclopropene and Polyhexamethylene Guanidine on Postharvest Quality of Banana (Musa paradisiaca) cv. Yelakki. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 6(3): 1950-1961. doi: https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2017.603.222 (NAAS: I175: 5.38)
- K Ranjitha, DV Sudhakar Rao, KS Shivashankara, TK Roy (2018). Integrating Calcium Chloride Treatment with Polypropylene Packaging Improved the Shelf Life and Retained the Quality Profile of Minimally Processed Cabbage Food Chemistry 256: 1-10 (NAAS: F038: 10.53)
- Shivashankara, K.S., Geetha G.A., Rao, Ravishanka, K.V., Sudhakar Rao D.V., Pavithra, K.C.G., and Roy, T. K. (2022). Temperature gradient storage induced biochemical and molecular changes in mango (Mangifera indica L. cv. Alphonso) Acta Physiologiae Plantarum (2022) 44:46
- Dattha Reddy, G. P., Eguru, S. R., Lakshmanareddy, D. C., Sudhakar Rao, D. V., Yuvaraj, K. M., & Syamsundar Reddy, P. (2022). Design and validation of a codominant molecular marker for fruit acidity in muskmelon (Cucumis melo). Plant Breeding, 1–10.
- Sudhakar, D.V. and Maini, S.B. (1994). Stability of carotenoids during storage of mangopulp. J. Food Sci. Technol., 31(3): 228-230.
- Sudhakar, D.V. and Maini, S.B. (1997). Status of Sulphite during storage of mango pulp. Indian Food Packer, 51(5): 14-21.
- Shantha Krishnamurthy and Sudhakar Rao, D.V. (1998). Research and Developments in Modified Atmosphere Packaging and Controlled Atmosphere storage of Fruits and Vegetables. Beverage and Food World, 25(5): 11-13.
- Sudhakar, D.V. and S.B. Maini (1999). Mango peel pectins: a boon for mango processing industry. Indian Horticulrure, 44 (1): 28-29
- Sudhakar Rao D.V. and Maini, S.B. (1999). Manufacture of pectins from mango peels. Beverage and Food World, 26(4): 17-18
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. K.P.Gopalakrishna Rao and Shantha Krishnamurthy (2000). Extension of shelf life of cucumber by modified atmosphere packaging (MAP) and shrink wrapping. Indian Food Packer 54(5): 65-71
- Shantha Krishnamurthy and D.V.Sudhakar Rao (2001). Status of post-harvest management of fruits. Indian Journal of Horticulture, 58 (1 & 2):152-163.
- D.V.Sudhakar Rao and K.P.Gopalakrishna Rao (2001-02). Individual shrink wrapping of fruits and vegetables. Packaging India, 34 (5): 27-32.
- Siva Prasad, M., S.P.Singh, D.V. Sudhakar Rao and Sangama (2003). Physiological response of cut carnation (Dianthus Caryophyllus) subsequent to long term low temperature storage. The Journal of Plant science Research, 19 (1-4):33-35
- S. P. Singh and D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2005). Effect of storage temperature and packaging film on the In-package atmosphere of modified atmosphere packaged fresh papaya. Food and Bio Process Engineering, pp 182-185.
- Singh, S.P. and Sudhakar Rao, D.V. (2005). Quality assurance of papaya by shrink film wrapping during storage and ripening. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 42(6):523-525.
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and K.P.Gopalakrishna Rao (2009). Effect of controlled atmosphere conditions and pre-treatments on ripening behaviour and quality of mangoes stored at low temperature. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 46 (4):300-306
- Varalakshmi, B., Kesava Rao, V., Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Tiwari, R.B. and Prabhakar, M. (2012). High-yielding multicut coriander variety, Arka Isha. Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 7(1):91-93
- Patil, R.A., Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Manasa, B. (2013). Effect of modified atmospheric packaging on chilling injury and shelf-life of custard apple fruits Journal of Applied Horticulture, 15 ( 2 ) pp. 100 – 105 (NAAS: J044: 4.06)
- Vijay Rakesh Reddy, S., Sudhakar Rao, D. V. And K. S. Shivashankara (2011) Comparative effect of 1-methylcyclopropene (MCP) and KMnO4 on the total antioxidant capacity, phenols and flavonoids of guava cv. Lucknow-49. Haryana J. hortic. Sci., 40 (1 & 2) : 98-100
- Ranjitha K and Sudhakar Rao, D. V (2014). Modified atmosphere packaging of green gram (Vigna radiata L.) sprouts for extending shelf life and acceptance in Indian market. Asian Journal of Dairy & Food Research, 33(2):91-97 DOI 10.5958/0976-0563.2014.00582.X (NAAS A220: 3.88)
- Rama Krishna. K. and Sudhakar Rao, D. V (2014). Effect of Chitosan Coating on the Physiochemical Characteristics of Guava (Psidium guajava L.) Fruits During Storage at Room Temperature .Indian Journal of Science and Technology, Vol 7(5), 12–16, May 2014 (NAAS I067: 4.06)
- R. A. Patil, D. V. Sudhakar Rao, N. Sumitha and B. Manasa (2014). Sensory quality of custard apple fruits stored at low temperature Bioinfolet 11 ( 3B) : 858 – 860 (NAAS B064 Bioinfolet: 3.75)
- 1Gajanana T.M., D Sreenivasa Murthy, A.K. Saxena, D.V. Sudhakar Rao, M. Sudha and V. Dakshinamoorthy, 2015. Economics of post harvest loss and marketing in guava (Allahabad Safeda) – a study in Karnataka, Journal of Horticultural Sciences, 10(1):70-73
- Ranjitha K., Sudhakar Rao, D. V., Shivasankar K. S. and Roy, T. K. (2015). Effect of pretreatments and modified atmosphere packaging on the shelf life and quality of fresh- cut green bell pepper. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 52(12): 7872-7882 DOI 10.1007/s13197-015-1928-7
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and Shivasankar K. S. (2015). Individual shrink wrapping extends the storage life and maintains the antioxidants of mango (cvs. ‘Alphonso’ and ‘Banganapalli’) stored at 8°C”. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 52 (7): 4351-4359 (NAAS J218: 7.24)
- Patil, R.A., Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Manasa, B. (2015). Modified atmosphere packaging maintains physico-chemical properties of custard apple (Annona squamosa L.) fruits Indian Journal of Agricultural Research, 49 (6): 489 -495 (NAAS: I023: 4.86)
- K. Rama Krishna and D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2017). Chitosan Coating in Combination with Low Temperature for Extending Storage Life of Guava (Psidium guajava L.). Ecology, Environment and Conservation, 23:S1-S6 (NAAS E E022: 4.89)
- K. Rama Krishna and D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2017). Postharvest Quality Attributes of Guava as Affected by Chitosan Coating at Critical Low Temperature Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences: 8(2): 426-430. (NAAS R030: 4.54)
- S. Bhuvaneswari, D. V. Sudhakar Rao and G. Senthil Kumaran (2017) Shelf Life Extension of Papaya (Carica papaya L.) Packaged in Customized Corrugated Fibre Board (CFB) Box after Subjecting to Vibration and Drop Tests Plant Archives 17(1) : 341-347 (NAAS: P080: 4.41)
- D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2107) Individual shrink wrapping extends the storage life and maintains the quality of pomegranates (cvs.'Mriduala' and 'Bhagwa') at ambient and low temperature. Journal of Food Science and Technology 55(1):351–365 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-017-2945-5
- K. Rama Krishna and D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2017). Influence of chitosan coating and storage temperatures on postharvest quality of guava. Indian Journal of Horticulture: 74(3): 466-470 (NAAS I061: 6.13)
- Siva Prasad, M., Sangama and D.V. Sudhakar Rao (2018). Effect of stage of maturity and bud opening solution on the postharvest quality of carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus) cut flowers. Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 9 (1):01-08 (NAAS R030: 4.54)
- S. Bhuvaneswari and D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2018). Development of Customized Corrugated Fibre Board Boxes for Sapota Packaging. Int. J. Curr. Microbiol. App. Sci. 7(3): 2959-2965 https://doi.org/10.20546/ijcmas.2018.703.342 (NAAS: I175: 5.38)
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and Shivasankar K. S. (2018). Effect of modified atmosphere packaging on the extension of storage life and quality maintenance of pomegranate (cv. 'Bhagwa') at ambient and low temperatures. Journal of Food Science and Technology, 55(6):2103–2113 (NAAS J218: 7.64)
- Mohamad Tayeebulla H, Sreenivas KN, Sadananda GK, Sudhakar Rao DV, Shivashankara KS and Guruprasad TR (2018) Improving phytochemical constituents of pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) cv. Bhagwa by pre-harvest treatments Journal of Pharmacognosy and Phytochemistry 2018; SP3: 225-228 (NAAS J371: 5.21)
- Siva Prasad, M., Sangama and D.V. Sudhakar Rao (2018). Effect of Low Temperature Storage on Postharvest Qualities of Cut Carnation (Dianthus caryophyllus L.) Flowers. Research Journal of Agricultural Sciences, 9(4): 736-742, (NAAS R030: 4.54)
- Mohamad Tayeebulla H, Sreenivas KN, Sadananda GK, Sudhakar Rao DV, Shivashankara KS and Guruprasad TR (2018) Effect of Preharvest Spray on Textural Property of Pomegranate (Punica granatum L.) Fruit cv. Bhagwa during Storage. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci 6 (5), 877-883 (NAAS I296: 4.74)
- Ramesh, A.N., VageeshBabu S. Hanur , Dayal Doss, D. , Subhash Barani , Santhosh, G.M., Rekha, A., Prasad Babu, K. , Sudhakara Rao , Manamohan, M., Vasugi, C. , Santhosh, D.B., and Anitha Peter (2019). Effect of Gamma Radiation for Enhancing Qualitative and Quantitative Traits in Papaya (Carica papaya L.) Cv. Arka Prabhath in M2 Generation through TILLING. Int. J. Pure App. Biosci. 7 (3): 557-570 (2019) DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.18782/2320-7051.7576 (NAAS I296: 4.74)
- Neha P, Sudhakar Rao DV Aghora TS and Venugopalan R (2020). Effect of modified atmosphere packaging on shelf life extension of French bean (Phaseolus vulgaris, L). International Journal of Chemical Studies 8(4): 894-898
- Shilpa P, Sadashiva, A.T. Shivashankara KS, Sudhakar Rao D V and Ravishankar KV (2020). Caroteniod content in cherry tomatoes correlated to the color space values L*,a*,b*: A non destructive method of estimation. J. Hortl. Sci. 15(1): 29-46
- P. D. Kamala Jayanthi, M. R. Dinesh, M. Sankaran P. Saravan Kumar, Vivek Kempraj, M. A. Ravindra D. V. Sudhakar Rao (2020) Mangifera camptosperma Pierre, a wild relative of mango exhibits ovipositional antixenosis to Oriental fruit fly, Bactrocera dorsalis (Hendel) Current Science 119 (3): 433-435
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Hebbar S.S. and Narayana, C. K. (2021). CFB box wrapping - a new shrink wrapping technology for extension of storage life of colour capsicum (cv. Bachata). Journal of Food Science and Technology J Food Sci Technol., 58(8):3039–3048 https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-020-04807-6 NAAS rating: 8.7
- Sachin, A.J., D.V. Sudhakar Rao, K. Ranjitha, C. Vasugi, C.K. Narayana and K. Ravishankar (2021). Differential effects of postharvest application of ethylene inhibitors on guava stored under ambient conditions. J. Environ. Biol., 42, 1395-1404
DOI : http://doi.org/10.22438/jeb/42/5/MRN-1753 NAAS rating: 5.57
- Ranjitha, K., Shivashankara, K.S., Rao, D.V.S. and Tapas Kumar Roy (2021). Retention of freshness and isothiocyanates in fresh-cut radish (Raphanus sativus var. Longipinnatus) through glucose dip treatment. J Food Sci Technol (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13197-021-05276-1
- Bhargav Velurua,, *, Rajiv Kumar , K.S. Shivashankara , T.Usha Bharathi , T.Manjunatha Rao , Anuradha Sane , T.K. Roy , D.V.Sudhakar Rao (2021). Anthocyanin profile diversity in China aster (Calliatephus chinensis (L.) Nees) genotypes South African Journal of Botany https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sajb.2021.11.047 NAAS rating: 8.7
1. Y.T.N. Reddy, D.V. Sudhakar Rao, D. Sreenivasa Murthy, R.D.Rawal and Abraham Verghese (2005). Production, post harvest management and marketing of fresh mangoes for export. IIHR Technical Bulletin no-20, Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore
2. D.V.Sudhakar Rao, K.P. Gopalakrishna Rao, A.K. Saxena and T.M. Gajanana (2005). Post harvest practices for mango, banana, tomato and capsicum. IIHR Technical Bulletin no-27, Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore
3. D.V.Sudhakar Rao, K.P. Gopalakrishna Rao, R.B. Tiwari, I.N.Doreyappa Gowda and E.R. Suresh (2006). Post harvest technology of vegetables. IIHR Technical Bulletin no-28, Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore
4. D.V.Sudhakar Rao, K.P. Gopalakrishna Rao, R.B. Tiwari, I.N.Doreyappa Gowda and E.R. Suresh (2008). Post harvest management and preservation of vegetables. IIHR Technical Bulletin no-36, Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore
5. I.N.Doreyappa Gowda, D.V.Sudhakar Rao, R.B. Tiwari, S. Bhuvaneswari and C.K. Narayana (2011). Post harvest management and value addition in aonla. IIHR Technical Bulletin no-39, Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore
6. Hebbar, S..S., Balakrishna, B., Prabhakar, M., Srinivas, V., Nair, A.K., Ravikumar, G. S., Girija, G., Debi Sharma, Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Doijode, S.D., Hegde, M.R. and Rao, M.S. (2011). Protected cultivation of capsicum. IIHR Technical Bulletin no-22 (Revised Edition), Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore
7. D.V. Sudhakar Rao, C. K. Narayana, S. Bhuvaneshwari, G. Senthil Kumaran, Carolin Rathinakumari and H.S. Oberoi (2018). Post harvest management of tropical and sub tropical fruits. IIHR Technical Bulletin No. 70, March, 2018, Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore ( Released during IIHR Foundation day on 4th Sept 2018 by Dr T. Mohapatra, DG, ICAR)
8. Gajanana, T. M., Sreenivasa Murthy, D., Sudha, M, Saxena, A.K., Sudhakar Rao, D.V and Dakshinamoorthy, V.(2018). Economics of post harvest loss and marketing efficiency in fruits and vegetables . IIHR Technical Bulletin No. 69, December, 2017, Published by Director, IIHR, Bangalore
9 Hebbar, S.S., Balakrishna, B, Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Sridhar, V., Uma Maheswari, Sandeepkumar, G M, Anil kumar Nair, Debi Sharma, Mahesh B. and Tahaseen M (2021). Greenhouse production of capsicum, tomato, cucumber and muskmelon.Ed. B. Balakrishna & SS Hebbar) IIHR Technical Bulletin no-01/2021, Published by Director, ICAR-IIHR, Bangalore
- Maini, S.B., Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Ram Prasad and Veena Kumari, D. (1997). An integrated approach for the utilization of mango waste. In: Processing, Finance and Marketing in Food Industry. Edited by H.O. Gupta. Sethi Publication, New Delhi-110012, pp105-110. ISBN 81-7525-050-x
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Gopalakrishna Rao, K.P. and Narayana, C.K (2011) Controlled Atmosphere Storage of Fruits. In THE SCIENCE OF HORTICULTURE Edited by Professor K.V.Peter New India Publishing AGENCY (NIPA), New Delhi, pp 287-304 ISBN : 978-93-80235-48-6 xvi+362p
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V (2011). Waxes and Chemicals for Enhancing Marketability of Fresh Fruits under Stress Conditions. In IMPACT OF CLIMATE CHANGE ON FRUIT CROPS Edited by W.S. Dhillon and P.S. Aulakh Narendra Publishing House (NPH), Delhi-110006, pp 403-414. ISBN : 978-93-80428-30-7
- S.P. Singh and D.V. Sudhakar Rao (2011). Chapter 6. Papaya (Carica papaya L.). In: Postharvest biology and technology of tropical and sub tropical fruits: Volume 4. Mangosteen to White Sapote. Edited by Elhadi M. Yahia Published by Woodhead Publishing Limited, UK, pp86-124. ISBN -13:978-0-85709-090-4
- C. K. Narayana, D. V. Sudhakar Rao, and Susanta K. Roy (2012). Mango Production, Postharvest Physiology, and Storage. In: Tropical and Subtropical Fruit Processing and Packaging, First Edition. Part II Tropical fruits. Edited by Muhammad Siddiq, Published by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., USA pp: 259-276. ISBN-10: 0813811422 | ISBN-13: 978-0813811420
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Shivashankara, K.S. and Narayana, C. K. (2012). Effect of post harvest management practices on the physico-chemical and nutritional quality of fruits and vegetables. In: Antioxidants in plants: Role and function. Edited by S. Shivashankara and K.S Shivashankara, Published by Lap Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, pp: 129-172. ISBN-13: 978-3-659-21310-6 ISBN-10:3659213101 AN: 9783659213106
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. (2014). Technological advances in packaging of horticultural produce. In: Horticulture for Inclusive growth. First Edition. Edited by K. L. Chadha, Pritam Kalia and S. K. Singh Published by Westville Publishing House, New Delhi, pp: 605-621. ISBN: 978-93-83491-23-0.
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V., and Ladaniya, M. S. (2015). Chapter 14. Citrus fruits. In: Managing postharvest quality and losses in horticultural crops Volume 2. Fruit Crops. Edited by K. L. Chadha and R. K. Pal. Published by Daya Publishing House, Astral International Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi, pp: 333-360. ISBN: 978-93-5124-356-4 (Vol.2). ISBN: 978-93-5124-358-8 (Set)
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. (2017). Chapter 17. Individual Shrink Wrapping Technology. In: Novel Postharvest Treatments of Fresh Produce Edt by Dr Sunil Pareek, Published by CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, USA, pp:557-578. ISBN: 9781498729918- CAT# K26101
- Rakesh Reddy, S.V., Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and Sharma, R. R. (2017). Chapter 8. Ozone treatments. In: Novel Postharvest Treatments of Fresh Produce Edt by Dr Sunil Pareek, Published by CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, USA, pp:217-240. ISBN: 9781498729918- CAT# K26101
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. (2018). Chapter 5. Shrink Packaging of Fruits and Vegetables. In: Innovative Packaging of Fruits and Vegetable Edt by: Mohammed Wasim Siddiqui, Mohammad Shafiur Rahman, and Ali Abas Wani, Published by Apple Academic Press Inc, NJ, USA, pp:105-134. ISBN: 978-1-77188-597-3 (Hardcover); ISBN: 978‐1‐315‐14306‐4 (eBook)
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V., Anuradha Srivastava and Ranjitha, K. (2018). Chapter 9. Active and Smart Packaging techniques in vegetables. In: Advances in Postharvest Technologies of Vegetable Crops. Edt. By: Bijendra Singh, Sudhir Singh and Tanmay K. Koley, Published by Apple Academic Press Inc, NJ, USA, pp 249-268. ISBN: 978-1-771-886192
- Sudhakar Rao, D.V. and Narayana, C. K. (2020). Chapter 12. Controlled Atmosphere Storage of Fruits: An Overview on Storability and Quality. In: Emerging Technologies for Shelf-Life Enhancement of Fruits. Edt. By: Basharat Nabi Dar and Shabir Ahmad Mir, Published by Apple Academic Press Inc, NJ, USA, pp 249-268. Hard ISBN: 9781771888028 E-Book ISBN: 9780429264481
- Sriram S and Sudhakar Rao, D.V (2020). Chapter 7 Papaya. In: Postharvest Pathology of Fresh Horticultural Produce. Edt. By: Lluis Palou and Joseph L. Smilanick Published by CRC Press, Taylor and Francis Group, USA pp 257-276. ISBN: 9781138630833
•Awarded Dr J.C. Anand Gold Medal Instituted by Horticultural Society of India (HSI) for the year 2009 for the significant contributions in Post Harvest Technology of Horticultural crops. •Recipient of Dr JS. Pruthi Award for the year 2007 for significant contributions to the development of fruit and vegetable preservation industry in India Instituted by AFST (I) •Recipient of United Nations University (UNU-Kirin) Fellowship for carrying out Post Doctoral Research at National Food Research Institute (NFRI), Tsukuba, JAPAN(2000-01) •Recipient of IARI Gold Medals for out standing academic performance in M. Sc. and Ph.D •Recipient of the NA Pandit Award (1995) for the best review paper on “Pectins from fruit processing waste- A review during 1996 Annual Conference of All India Food Preservers Association, New Delhi. •Recognized as PG Teacher in the subject of Post Harvest Technology by University of Agricultural Sciences (UAS), Bangalore; University of Horticultural Sciences (UHS), Bagalkot and Dr YSR Horticultural University, Andhra Pradesh.
- Students Guided : 12 M.Sc and 4 Ph.D
- Guiding : 6 Ph. D
- Member for 19 MSC and 13 Ph.D students
Principal Scientist (Horticulture)
Division of PHT and Agricultural Engineering
ICAR-IIHR, Hesaraghatta Lake, Bengaluru-560089