- To study the compatibility of efficient strains of Bacillus spp. and nematophagous fungi - Paecilomyces lilacinus and Pochonia chlamydosporia in vitro
- To take up molecular characterization of the efficient strains of Bacillus spp., Paecilomyces lilacinus and Pochonia chlamydosporia
- To investigate the bio-chemical interactions of Bacillus spp. (Paecilomyces lilacinus and Pochonia chlamydosporia) in the plant rhizosphere.
- Development of mass production protocols of combination formulations of effective strains of Bacillus spp. and Paecilomyces lilacinus/Pochonia chlamydosporia.
- To study the bio-efficacy of these combination formulations of Bacillus spp. against certain important pathogens involved in disease complex caused by Pythium aphanidermetum and Meloidogyne incognita on papaya (in open field conditions) and Meloidogyne incognita and Phytphthora capsici on capsicum under protected (polyhouse) conditions.
- To demonstrate the bio-efficacy of combination formulations under farmers field conditions, develop data on shelf life, toxicity, bio-safety, patent the protocol for mass production technology.
- Isolated several efficient strains of Bacillus sp., Paecilomyces lilacinus and Pochonia chlamydosporia by conducting extensive surveys.
- Bacillus spp. was found to be compatible with the nematophagous fungus Paecilomyces lilacinus in vitro
- Bacillus spp. was found to be compatible with the nematopahus fungus Pochonia chlamydosporia in vitro
- Biochemical identification/ characterization of Bacillus sp. based on the substrate/ carbohydrate utilization was completed successfully
- Molecular characterization of the efficient compatible strains of Bacillus sp. (Bacillus subtilis and Bacillus pumilis), Paecilomyces lilacinus and Pochonia chlamydosporia was completed using specific markers
Publications: Patents Filed :
- A strain of plant growth promoting rhizobacteria (PGPR) – Bacillus subtilis (NBAIM accession no.: NAIMCC - 01211) with bio-nematicidal, bio-fungicidal and bio-bactericidal properties. ”
- A product – containing consortia formulation of Bacillus subtilis (NBAIM accession no.: NAIMCC - 01211) and Paecilomyces lilacinus (Purpureocillium lilacinum- IIHR PL-2, ITCC NO. 6887). ”