- A tissue-culture based technology for the rapid clonal propagation of chrysanthemum. It facilitates the rapid multiplication and supply of elite lines.
- Can be adopted for new exotic introductions and newly bred genotypes. Allows rapid multiplication from limited initial plant material
- Optimized for the IIHR varieties Arka Ravi and Arka Swarna
Products and By- products
- Micropropagated plants supplied in portrays or polybags ready for field plating
- Possibility of supplying ex-agar plants ready for hardening
- Possibility of supplying in vitro stock cultures
- Cultures once initiated could be maintained for a long period, with the addressing of endophytic contaminants. Simple procedure for in vitro multiplication and acclimatization.
- High propagation rate to the tune of over 1 million plants per year
- Need for secondary nursery could be avoided, which is an essential requirement while using suckers
- Early flowering and better performance in the field
Target segment /End User Profile
- Tissue culture units
- Horticulture nurseries
- Commercial growers
- Suitable for local market and also for export
- Can be taken up as an additional item to an existing tissue culture unit
- Potential for multiplication upto 10 million plants per year without the need for hormonal supply
- Tissue culture firms interested in the multiplication and supply of high-value planting material
Production cost :
- about Rs. 1-2 per plant.
- Cost benefit ratio: 1: 2-4x
Note: Technique can be refined or optimized for the variety of choice to the entrepreneurs on specific request