- Development of genetic stocks of cut flower quality for future breeding Program
- Development of resistant genetic stocks for future breeding program
- Development of scientific information for targeted breeding program
- Development of varieties for commercial cultivation
Date of start of this programme:
Dr. V. Sridhar
Dr. S. Sriram
1. Arka Swadesh: Variety release for production of cut flowers under protected cultivation. Shining foliage and flowers of attractive red color. Flower production starts 6 months onwards from planting. High yielding capacity of 145 fl stalks/sq.mt/year. Long stalk flowers with an average stalk length of 65-70cm. Medium sized flowers are produced with good keeping quality (6 days).
2. Genetic stock developed
- Tejaswini and Dhnanjaya M.V. 2011. Indian Roses and Identification Numbers. The Indian Rose Annual XXVII. Pp: 70-72.
- Tejaswini and Dhananjaya M.V., 2010. Evaluation of Indian Roses In: The Indian Rose Annual XXVI. The Indian Rose Federation.Pp:62-65
- Tejaswini and Dhnanjaya M.V. 2010. ‘Rosary to beautify landscape’ in Souvenir.- National Consultation on Landscape Gardening for Aesthetic Value and Environmental Services. Indian Society of Ornamental Horticulture. Pp.46-50